Note to New Members ×

Boot sizing question

Keenan

I would try it though in my experience it really depends on the specific liner and the shell volume.  I've tried four different Intuition liners over the last 2-3 years and the differences are huge, and then some models have high, medium, and low volume options.  Intuition says to confirm fit before heat molding, which suggests modest changes in volume through molding.  

I thought there was a post on the forum where someone mentioned cutting open the toes of their liners for better fit...but for the life of me I can't find it again.  

On 11/7/2023 at 3:18 PM, DMKW said:

I thought there was a post on the forum where someone mentioned cutting open the toes of their liners for better fit...but for the life of me I can't find it again.  

Yeah, that was me. I sliced the toes of the liners horizontally in desperation after several attempts to increase toe room by heat molding Intuition Alpine wraps. It worked for relief and I don't remember my toes being any colder as a result.

Not sure it will help with your situation, but here's my original post...

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, Keenan said:

Just curious if anyone knows how much wiggle room a heat moldable liner provides.  Can I stuff a 27.5 foot in a 27.0 shell by re heating the liner?

But, 27 shell is also 27.5 shell. They go up in full sizes, but liners go up in half sizes. With most companies, at least...