Note to New Members ×

Nidecker Supermatic bindings

jng

7 hours ago, dhamann said:

The a-10 is an ankle breaker! Facts. Weak ankle strap in relation to rest of the binding. Just my two cents. 

Good to know.  How much do you weigh @dhamann?  I have always found Ride bindings to be bomb proof tough and high quality.  I'm only 155lbs but I create a lot of edge pressure.

I had 2 Ride El hefe

2 ride LX

1 ride Revolt

When I was using more than 7-8 boards a few years ago.

The El hefe the ankle strap after maybe 2years wouldn't work correctly but with every bindings models I had Ride sent me everything and a full bag of replacement parts years after warranty. 

The El hefe highback didn't broke for me. Very stiff. 

I was always over tightening the ankle strap and with my ballooning from 190 to 210pounds without gears it wasn't really the best after numerous years. Working on losing weight but that's another story...

Sold everything So I will try another company next.

Is the A10 better? Maybe for "LIGHTWEIGHT BABY"? 😉

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:03 PM, Poloturbo said:

I had 2 Ride El hefe

2 ride LX

1 ride Revolt

When I was using more than 7-8 boards a few years ago.

The El hefe the ankle strap after maybe 2years wouldn't work correctly but with every bindings models I had Ride sent me everything and a full bag of replacement parts years after warranty. 

The El hefe highback didn't broke for me. Very stiff. 

I was always over tightening the ankle strap and with my ballooning from 190 to 210pounds without gears it wasn't really the best after numerous years. Working on losing weight but that's another story...

Sold everything So I will try another company next.

Is the A10 better? Maybe for "LIGHTWEIGHT BABY"? 😉

Broke mine in 2 hours day 1. El hefe carbon highbacks both cracked. Not broken but not up to the task. One of the few experiments away from flow over the last 27 years on flow that pretty much went the same way. Only bindings that held up were Nidecker carbon 900 from 10+ years ago. Stuff breaks but the el hefe’s went way too fast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slopestar said:

Broke mine in 2 hours day 1. El hefe carbon highbacks both cracked. Not broken but not up to the task. One of the few experiments away from flow over the last 27 years on flow that pretty much went the same way. Only bindings that held up were Nidecker carbon 900 from 10+ years ago. Stuff breaks but the el hefe’s went way too fast 

What are you using now?

On 1/27/2024 at 11:31 AM, Poloturbo said:

What are you using now?

Was talking about ride el here breaking. I break my flows too. None this season though… nx2 flows are my go to but my next purchase will be supermatics/ waiting until next season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slopestar said:

Was talking about ride el here breaking. I break my flows too. None this season though… nx2 flows are my go to but my next purchase will be supermatics/ waiting until next season

Here are next years…Supermatic Carbon looks interesting.IMG_3403.jpeg.dd4849c12c848a1ccd508794bc637350.jpegIMG_3402.jpeg.b2a314a1daac7784c36e4902618a8b64.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 8:07 AM, slopestar said:

Yes got that but was thinking you were using something else than NX2

Softboot bindings for carving are so much due for a revolution IMO. 

Edited by Poloturbo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Poloturbo said:

Not that I think the industry will do it, but I think the best path forward is snowboard specific AT boots and plate bindings. Technically hardboots, but they're comfy, flexy hardboots. Ankle pivot, tunable spring system for shock absorption, solid steel bails for edge response, no more relying on leather or a synthetic equivalent to flex in just the right way after it's broken in a little but before it breaks in too much.

16 hours ago, Poloturbo said:

Yes got that but was thinking you were using something else than NX2

PhK came up with the mix binding that has traditional base/heel up/straps with a metal honeycomb highback and a BTS style spring for forward lean. It looks good but also a little clunky as the spring protrudes quite a bit form the center of the high back. Seems like it could have been located better so as not to boot out. Would take a lot to do so but of course a small batch European production has made them unobtainable

Hey I was wondering what kind of problems does every one have with the supermatics or any other quick entry binding? Are they safe enough? Are they too expensive? Do they get jammed up in the pow? Too heavy or light? Are they responsive enough? A big question how well do they compare to regular bindings and what about them makes them better or worse?

If you could give me anything that would be great thanks.