Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

Marriage may financially benefit the woman, but marriage benefits them man more in a health, reduced mortality kind of way.

As for 2 docs being married and both exposed to the liability of one being sued....the "financial planner" who said that doesn't seem to understand community property or homestead law protection. If somebody sues me and is awarded more money than my malpractice insurance will pay, they cannot seize community property without proving my husband is also subject to a tort action. Believe me, I looked into forming a FLLP prior to getting married the second time.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My solution to a happy marriage is this and after I tell others about it, they initially think I am nuts and then about 10mins later they come back and say "Hey, you may have something there" This is one of my ideas for happiness while being married. The house you live in has 3 Master bedrooms. Your's, Her's, and Our's. Each one is equally outfitted. It works becasue there are some nights when one of you wants to be alone- read, study, watch TV, talk on the phone, cry, whatever and this solves this.

Here is a joke of the day:

DAMN CHECKING ACCOUNT

A crusty old man walks into a bank and says to the

woman at the window, "I want to open a damn checking

account."

The astonished woman replies, "I beg your pardon,

sir. I must have misunderstood you. What did you say?"

"Listen up, damn it. I said I want to open a damn

checking account now!"

"I'm very sorry sir, but that kind of language is

not tolerated in this bank."

The teller leaves the window and goes over to the

bank manager to inform him of her situation.

The manager agrees that the teller does not have to

listen to that foul language.

They both return to the window and the manager asks

the old geezer, "Sir, what seems to be the problem here?"

"There is no damn problem," the man says. I just won

$200 million bucks in the damn lottery and I want to put

my damn money in this damn bank."

"I see," says the manager, "and is this bitch giving

you a hard time?" :lol:

Ooh. Michelle, you lucky thing. I used to work at a rope manufacturer and we got the climbing guys all summer. Bods from hell and they were always in cutoffs, or shirtless. And when they went away we got the America's Cup sailors who would come in and talk Italian to us in sexy accents.

I miss that job.

THE BLONDE AND THE LORD

A blonde wanted to go ice fishing. She'd seen many books on the subject, and finally getting all the necessary tools together, she made for the ice.

After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular cut in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed,

"THERE ARE NO FISH UNDER THE ICE."

Startled, the blonde moved further down the ice, poured a thermos of cappuccino, and began to cut yet another hole. Again from the heavens the voice bellowed,

The blonde, now worried, moved away, clear down to the opposite end of the ice. She set up her stool once more and tried again to cut her hole.

The voice came once more,

She stopped, looked skyward, and said,

"IS THAT YOU LORD?"

The voice replied,

"NO, THIS IS THE MANAGER OF THE HOCKEY RINK"

wow talk about opening up a can of worms!, If you girls think its hard to find a Nice guy, its even harder from this side, Oh sure most girls might seem nice at first, but, then uh oh, :smashfrea , I guess thats why i hate dating, its so pointless, Its like taking a test every time. Its kinda funny, most people who are dating, wouldnt actually be friends if they werent dating, and why would you want to be with some one who isnt a freind in the first place?

Like Some of my mtbing buddies, Im tired of hearing "i have to be home by this time". You know, if youd have married someone who likes to ride too... you wouldnt be such a wuss! :flamethro

You aren't getting anything from me with that.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

oh dude, come on...if Im in PC you KNOW youll give me some free pointers!

(and...if somehow my endorsement gets you some play, and she has a SISTER, well...if your PC bros are taken...;) )

The buzz word in today's business world is MARKETING. Many people often ASK for a simple explanation of "Marketing."

Well, here it is:

You're a woman and you see a handsome guy at a party. You walk over to him and say, "I'm fantastic in bed."

That's Direct Marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to the guy and, while pointing at you, says "That's my friend and she's fantastic in bed."

That's Advertising.

You see a handsome guy at a party. You walk up to him, you introduce yourself, and you get his telephone number. The next day, you call him and

say: "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed."

That's Telemarketing.

You see a good looking guy at a party. You straighten your dress, you walk over to him, and you pour him a drink. You say: "May I," as you reach up to straighten his tie, while brushing your body lightly against his arm. Then you say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed."

That's Public Relations.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks over to you and says, "I hear that you are fantastic in bed."

That's Brand Recognition.

You're at a party and you see a good looking guy. He fancies you, but you talk him into going home with your friend.

That's a Sales Rep.

Your friend can't satisfy him, so he calls you.

That's Tech Support.

This is no religious statement - just a joke so CHILL! :) :biggthump

The Accident

A woman and a man are involved in a car accident on a snowy, cold Monday morning; it's a bad one. Both of their cars are totally demolished but amazingly neither of them is hurt. God works in Mysterious ways.

After they crawl out of their cars, the woman says, "So.... you're a man. That's interesting. I'm a woman. Wow, just look at our cars! There's nothing left, but we're unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should meet and be friends and live together in peace for the rest of our days".

Flattered, the man replies, "Oh yes, I agree with you completely, this must be a sign from God!"

The woman continues, "And look at this, here's another miracle. My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn't break. Surely God wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune." Then she hands the bottle to the man.

The man nods his head in agreement, opens it and drinks half the bottle and then hands it back to the woman. The woman takes the bottle and immediately puts the cap back on, and hands it back to the man.

The man asks, "Aren't you having any?"

The woman replies, "No. I think I'll just wait for the police...."

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Women are evil

Don't mess with them.

You know, there is nothing wrong having fun with guys and ****ing around with them every now and then. Good thing I took myself out of the dating pool several weeks ago. I realized that somehow, I was doing the cuddling and hugs and smiles and deep intellectual conversations and then they wanted to get into long relationships!!! After the third guy I realized I must be doing something wrong.

Solution: When I meet a new guy I tell them that I am emotionally dead and incapable of returning any feelings. I am only interested in a platonic relationship (ie- I get to cuddle and take naps with the person and they get to love me like a cute person not some chick who would be great without her clothes on) and hope that works for them.

Results: Since the switch to platonic relationships I have been able to particepate in communal napping :biggthump , late nights out, hanging and chilling, making disgusting sexual jokes, and wrestling on beds.

Reaction: After hearing my new life change somebody said "Oh yeah, I forgot you were young." Ironically, this person is only a year older than me. Whatever man. I love being loved and playing around in the innocent and cute sense. I do mind-**** but they know it and they do it back at me. It is awesome. This is what friendships should be like, atleast in my opinion. Mutually loving, playful, bluntly honest, and cuddly.

*Rant End*

are you kidding? honestly it sounds like theres a LOT of "man hate" flowing here...and this one acts as though sexuality is "icky"

sure, I like goofin off with girls, and I personally cant stand the "clingy" thing, but...I certainly dont want to have it implied that Im somehow sick or something because I want to you know what.

sorry skipuppy, thats just how your post sounded, like "boys" are "yucky" but you want all the cuddly stuff

Guest Randy S.

Hey D-Sub. She's 18! Hell, I was 18 before I lost my virginity (hmm, there's a thought for a new poll). Cut her some slack. She'll meet some guy and want to hook up eventually.

Skipuppy. Welcome to leghumping central. Its the same at any board that's populated predominantly by men. And this thread has become a safe zone for leghumpers here on BOL.

Oh, and those guys who are cuddling, napping and wrestling with you. The only thing they are thinking about is sex when that is going on. You probably already knew this, but I figured I should enlighten you if not. If the platonic approach works for you, go for it. Guys may call you a tease, but that's their problem, not yours.

Randy

FYI- merely because someone does not wish to be in a physical relationship does not mean that they have never been in one before. Nor should one assume that this person was in a bad or lacking physical relationship either. It could simply be that the person was an ******* when drunk, did not know how to respect me, and crossed the line quite a few times. This in no way leads to me thinking that sex is icky. Don't be so shallow to jump to that conclusion.

Regarding the guys who just can't stop thinking about sex and teasing. I have been blunt with them about what to expect. They can think about whatever they want I don't care. I would be a tease if I did not tell them that I was not interested in anything physical and just wanted to cuddle. But I do.