Note to New Members ×

Hack or Joke?

nekdut

Guest Ghostrider

Hey I like the moped!

Looks like Fin is a Moped Army fan!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!:eek: :eek:

ghostrider_moped.jpg

Jesse Who?

Look at that sweet ride! The maltese cross mirror and taillight and custom chrome straight pipe exhaust will not only say 'hey look at my sweet moped' but it will also rupture your ear drum.

Swarm & Destroy

w00t decepticons!!

Yea, put that under Jack and I just getting a little bored :D

Ghostrider: Ha, you guessed it, got those shots from the Moped Army site. Those guys are way into there mopeds. Is that your red moped in the photo? I fall somewhere in between as I am scooter guy myself. At 200cc it is hardly a moped, but with 10' wheels and a full spare tire/wheel it is not much of a performance bike.

post-1-141842204421_thumb.jpg

Guest Ghostrider

haha..thats awesome. I have a new respect for Fin.

The guys that started the moped army live down the street from me. They also have a shop in downtown Kalamazoo called 1977 Mopeds thats just filled with vintage mopeds.

I'm not actually in the army but have been a long time honorary member...Don't think I'm Emo enough to just be a member. There was a big rivalry in town between the frat boys and the army. It all came from a letter to the editor in the university newspaper about how the Moped Army sucks.

Western Michigan University Herald Attacks Moped Army

It was a huge fiasco actually.

But yea..thats my moped. 1978 Sachs Balboa. Found it in a barn of an old farmer and bought it for $300. I've done quite a bit to restore it and make it frikkin sweet but it sits with a flat tire and needing a good carb cleaning now. It'll do about 40mph with my custom exhaust...actually its more just a header. I think it makes the bike louder than if it had nothing. My neighbor complains all the time but loud pipes save lives I always say.

Here is a better picture before I started to fix it up...but you can see the pipe :D

IMG_0133.jpg

I love the tank..still with its original paint and chrome.

IMG_0134.jpg

Ghostrider,

Nice ride! Dude that ain't no exhaust, that is a pipe conected to the cylinder :eek: . You should go all "West Coast Chopper" and wrap the pipe up and towads the rear and then put a sharp point on it.

I put red Italian racing shocks on my Vespa as a joke as well. "Race" and "Vespa" should not be used together. On a good day she'll do 55mph but would go faster if I did not live at 9000 ft.

Guest Ghostrider

haha...oh..i've been there. I've got the maltese cross mirror and taillight. I have yet to get a custom seat made but thats next. I built a website for a custom motorcycle builder (Twisted Twin )and we talked about raking the front and stretching it out but decided it was in such good shape it would be a shame. So thats still a project of mine to make a WCC quality moped.

Although we painted up my roomates moped too. what color? Green for the money and gold for the honey

:cool:

Good idea about the pipe though...thatd be sweet to wrap it up since youre right its essentially a pipe to the cylinder...it gets a little toasty. Although fun to see flames come out of a moped doing a burnout. Yes...I have done a burnout with it (you gotta lift up the back a little..not quite that much power but it looks sweet on camera.)

check out this new design from Sachs. Its called the MadAss. Disc brakes, HID lights and still a moped.

1.jpg

Ride On.

mwm3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As in too much crack! I'm shifting to second gear at 55 with the front wheel not touching. Seriously now, Ive heard of a guy with a Vesper and a RD350 motor hidden under a box! Now thats a moped! Personally, I'm more of a YSR50 kinda guy only with a lot more motor.