Note to New Members ×

Am I Doing This Right?

Sochca

Looks like you're standing tall through the transitions and (sometimes) crouching into the carves. This is something I've been working on recently. On steeper slopes, try crouching down as you enter the transition then extending your legs as you exit. That'll let you enter the turn much quicker, which will help you avoid going over speed at the bottom of the turn. Keeping your legs more extended (though still bent) is less demanding on your leg muscles, which is especially noticeable as you go faster. And all of the above makes it easier to make tight carves at speed, which makes it easier to hold carves until you're going perpendicular to the fall line or even a bit uphill, which further helps with speed control.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cthulhufish said:

Looks like you're standing tall through the transitions and (sometimes) crouching into the carves. This is something I've been working on recently. On steeper slopes, try crouching down as you enter the transition then extending your legs as you exit. That'll let you enter the turn much quicker, which will help you avoid going over speed at the bottom of the turn. Keeping your legs more extended (though still bent) is less demanding on your leg muscles, which is especially noticeable as you go faster. And all of the above makes it easier to make tight carves at speed, which makes it easier to hold carves until you're going perpendicular to the fall line or even a bit uphill, which further helps with speed control.

Thanks @Cthulhufish!

As I understand things, what you are describing is an extreme carve with down unweighting. In this video I'm working on pencil line carves like @crackaddict, American style. 

How do I reduce the chatter?

Everything what was written by me, was actually written by AI ChatGPT aka @crackaddict as an April Fools' Day joke. 

More seriously way how to introduce myself into this carving community is telling the truth. I'm not groomer operator. 

I love snowboarding/carving and it's big task for me to keep up riding with James 🙂

• Like 2

@Sochca Is it noon already?  I was just sitting down to write up some feedback for you...  I guess I'll give it to you tonight instead.  (Please bring home an olive loaf and some avocados.)

Oh well, I guess we only caught one fish, @Cthulhufish

Show them the 360s!  (360s in progress really, more like 270s...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Note as the slope goes from _ to \, you are in the backseat already. It's also one of the reasons the chatter happens.

Slope goes from _ to \ as you go from across the fall line to down the fall line during transition.

So during transition get forward by moving the board back behind you with your feet, and don't let it jet forward away from you prematurely.

Edited by Odd Job
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Odd Job said:

Note as the slope goes from _ to \, you are in the backseat already. It's also one of the reasons the chatter happens.

Slope goes from _ to \ as you go from across the fall line to down the fall line during transition.

So during transition get forward by moving the board back behind you with your feet, and don't let it jet forward away from you prematurely.

I'll try. Thank you.