Note to New Members ×

Aspen grooming is dangerous.

John Gilmour

Snownymph in da houz'

Still snowing, higher winds today. I'm going to take some decent iPhone shots of the newest grooming product tomorrow... High hopes here... the snow should have some good cushion.

The RFV is still on my list for places to buy a home despite this thread.

Edited yesterday at 03:57 PM by Odd Job

My oddball solution is to electrify an Airstream.

Edited by John Gilmour

Yesterday -Grooming was about average for a 2nd tier New Hampshire resort excluding Sunapee and Gunstick which are pretty good. Looks like we got 4 inch’s of snow instead of the piles we had .

However, the grooming  was not consistent, and as a result, I came down one trail carved over a knoll expecting everything underneath that knoll to be groomed  as it has for 20 years

death cookies and lumps - cartwheels at 35 mph and face plant .

.  End result ripped the visor inserts and cracked  the visor on my Troy Lee helmet .

getting back from Chiropractor and spinal traction today . Probably out for 2-3 days and I fly back 

yep Aspen Grooming is dangerous .  But it was ok in spots - bottom was sheet of ice despite the tons of snow we got.

bought my epic pass .

Edited by John Gilmour

Yea, glad you weren't seriously injured...

I had two today at snowmass, both were fake groom, which of course is inconsistent, which causes problems...just large sheets of Ice on the tops and even some where people like to stop... just Carvin and the board says, see you later as the edge just refuses to hold through the turn... still good to get a some turns in places