Note to New Members ×

Boots with wider toeboxes

tripine

I have very wide forefeet and UPZ has been the most comfortable in stock form (out of old Deeluxe boots, older Dalbello Krypton Pro ski boots, or newer Mountain Slope which I now have….I’ve never tried the old Head boots). 

Having said that, you should likely not be expecting any of these boots to fit stock. Just expect to need a ski bootfitter to punch the shells wider. You may have already done that, but if not, consider it a mandatory boot-buying process. 

Edited by ShortcutToMoncton
  • Like 1

My experience: 
Deeluxe - pretty narrow toe box and large heel
Upz - narrow heel wide toe box
MS951 - medium/narrow toe box, medium heel
I am surprise the Atomic Backland actually fit my foot with simple heat molding the shell. (memory fit) with great heel hold.

+1 on look for a good boot fitter.  those few mm can be the different between heaven and hell.
A good boot fitter is a must for those of us with abnormal feet.

Lionel (owner of Happy Tune) Near Sugarloaf is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a thread I started on wide boots last year that has some good input from others.

I have Deeluxe T700 and UPZ RC12, and I find the T700 much roomier in the toebox.  They're the same stated boot size, and I've tried a variety of liners, including swapping the same liners back and forth between them.  Unfortunately the Palau thermo liners the T700s came with have been a total fail as the heel hold disappeared after molding.  The UPZ liners that come with the RC12 are stitched really narrow at the toe, but the material is thin and flexible (looks like neoprene) so they actually stretch to fit nicely around the toes.  There is also have a lot of padding around the ankle for heel hold, so I find they actually work well in the T700s, which are known for poor-to-nonexistant heel hold.  The T700s feel like a blank slate to me, a big empty shell that's totally dependent on what liner you put inside it.  The design and quality of the RC12s is excellent, but I expect I'll have to invest in significant bootfitting to make the toe and midfoot wider in order to make them work.  

Edited by Eastsiiiide