Note to New Members ×

Summer Board storage

Bobby Buggs

Originally posted by Randy S.

Bobby,

Did you post this just to stir things up? Every year we have a religious war about this.

Randy :D

Yeah, reminds me of the Witch Trials. :p

On Topic: I should really get around to building some sort of rack, but I've always stored my skis/snowboards by leaning them up against a wall, base facing out. Simple, and not very elegant, but it helps preserve camber, and they don't get walked on.

Here's a question ... Is it possible for a board, or skis, to lose camber without riding them? IE- will a board lose camber if stored base down? Or is this a myth we are all perpetuating?

EDIT: Oh, I just re-read the original question. I store some of my stuff in my garage, (In CT) and other stuff in a friend's basement (In VT)... leaned against the wall in both places. How's that for reading into things? :D

do you guys really think that the camber is gonna disappear if you store boards laying flat somehow?

Im not buyin that one.

just got done layin wax on all mine, and theyre still on the racks I scored on ebay for cheap. theyll get dusty like that though, thats for sure.

not worried about the camber though!

hey Bobby, where do you store your bats in the winter?

for my boards

I built a large humidor with multiple racks. and now can anyone tell me the best temp and humidity for preserving them? does board construction alter the humidex factor? foam vs wood vs metal cores?

my wife let me assemble this as long as she can put her skis in too.

would it hurt the boards to be in my freezer all summer?

I'll have to eat some dead cow to make room.