Note to New Members ×

Intec heel de-lam

AJCdice

Has anybody ever seen this before?  I was struggling to clip in rear boot last time out. Cleaned heels off and found tread piece separating from rest of heel that was the culprit and couldn’t “snap” it back in. All four screws were tight holding hard part of heel to boot.

New set ordered needless to say. Just a reminder to constantly check these parts out frequently for safety. And no, never going back to traditional.

31F948C1-174B-4EE0-9823-1AA70FB696B6.jpeg

Edited by AJCdice

I've been using Intec (not Bomber Fintec) for years and haven't seen that delamination.  But all of my heels have had the silver tread on the bottom of the heel, like this.  Maybe there's something less durable in the way they manufacture the all black heels.

image.png.fb9f03cffe68447f7c2c1c4049034005.png

I also noticed that the angled plastic guide ramp (not sure if there's a better name for it) on the side of the heel is really chewed up, so you're due for new heels anyway.

2 hours ago, AJCdice said:

ever seen this before?

Never seen that before, but quite  a lot of other Intec failures mentioned here over the years.

Intecs are great for the price but not anywhere the durability of Fintecs.  I was tempted to try Intecs after one of my 5 year old Fintecs imploded but was too skeptical Intecs would survive my 5-6 day work week and 120+ days a season.

$12 part from Bomber got me back on the hill and they are solid as a rock again....Thanks Walker!

13 hours ago, AJCdice said:

Has anybody ever seen this before?  I was struggling to clip in rear boot last time out. Cleaned heels off and found tread piece separating from rest of heel that was the culprit and couldn’t “snap” it back in. All four screws were tight holding hard part of heel to boot.

New set ordered needless to say. Just a reminder to constantly check these parts out frequently for safety. And no, never going back to traditional.

31F948C1-174B-4EE0-9823-1AA70FB696B6.jpeg

Looks like you got your moneys worth out of these. How much hiking to the lift do have to travel?