Note to New Members ×

Cant plates that will work with my Hometown Hero and step on bindings?

ShakeNBake

12 minutes ago, philw said:

Don't really understand the question.

I agree.. can you please put the question another way?

F2 / SG bindings do the CANT under the heel and tow...
TD series / old burton do the CANT under the binding itself and rotates for direction with set degree angle
Catec's use screws to set angle for CANTs

Many others as well....

15 hours ago, ShakeNBake said:

Does anyone make cant plates that will work with my board and bindings?

We need more information on your bindings and what you are looking to do here....

My Burton Asym Air had circular discs that went between my bindings and the board and canted towards the middle of the board for a more natural (to me) stance.

My cant discs do not work with Burton's current binding hole pattern and I was wondering if someone made a cant plate/disc that would work with my step on bindings and Burton board?

I know I can get plate bindings that have cant built in, but I was looking for something for my step ons.

I am familiar with those, and thanks for the updated info.

I am not aware of newer CANTs for the newer style, but I imagine a 3D printer could make you up something easy enough. Do you know anyone with a 3D printer? The bolts would need to be longer as 3D material would not allow for bolting into that, so the bolts would go through like the original burton giant black pucks. I also suspect aluminum would be expensive and not sure you would want the weight...  so 3D might be a good start. 

Hope this was helpful?

This explains why inward canting can feel more natural with lower binding angles, but also how the need for cant and lift changes as your angles change. It also has a reference to a thread on 3d printing binding cants, although for a different model binding.

• Like 1

Canting plates are not really a thing anymore, though some bindings have a few degrees built in, and you can do foam under the boot (probably won't work with step ons). You might call Donek to see if they have or can make a set of their BX plates canted. Otherwise it's pretty well a DIY project these days (check out horseshoe wedge pads if they are large enough).

Edited by Mr.E

The Bomber power plates will allow a variety of cants with different can't disks. The plate attaches to the Bomber can't disks and your bindings attach to the plates. I have a set if you want to demo them sometime. 

spacer.png

Edited by Tim W
updated location