Note to New Members ×

Schweitzer 1-12-23 1-14-23

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve we got a decent size crew and will happily meet up with you and show you the mtn. Probably even got a lift ticket for you. Not sure what information you need but ask away. Be ready the schwizz is large and in charge. 3k plus acres pow to winch cat steep as **** groomers and everything in between. Russ 2082908023

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Russ, it will be nice seeing you again. Thanks, but I'm all set on lift tickets. I would definitely like a tour of the mountain. I'm always looking for groom. Im excited to try some winch grooming. I hope I can still do it. Do you have any lodging recommendations?  Steve 2163904842

On 10/1/2022 at 7:27 AM, Cuban Carving Gooding said:

I reserved the 

Days Inn by Wyndham Sandpoint. I would like to stay on the mountain. With no one to split the cost Its big money. 

I moved from the Days Inn to La Quinta after two nights.  It cost a little more but the rooms were much more quiet and nicer.  I will pay more for good sleep. 

I stayed on mountain once, but there is nothing much to do, with limited dining.  Downtown to the base is only 15-20 minutes.

• Like 1

Read is well plowed generally. Parking can be ****ed but if you are coming to carve chair 2 starts loading at 830am. I always start there to warm up and wait for the rest of the lifts to open. My gimp ass prefers it why walk up when you can carve turns down instead. It's also when the groom is best. Parking is way easier early too. There is a paid parking lot but I'd park in the gateway parking lot it's steps to chair 2 which opens at 830. Can load without a ticket and then get your ticket when you unload. Unload is right in village. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...