Note to New Members ×

OT: Newly Found Beers For Carvers

utahcarver

all this talk of tequila has me breakin out my platform shoes!

cant really get those good tequilas in b-lo (maybe 1 or 2 places that i do not prefer to frequent) so i'll get back to the jagermeister and red bull- jagrbombs as they are called in my neck of the woods. talk about being a race car at a stop light!

now in case you guys\girls think im a stone cold alky, i used to drink very high quality beers from a-broad until october of last year when i was diagnosed with a lovely little disease called CELIACS. allergic to wheat gluten! yay! no bread, pasta, barley or BEER.....not good. until last month when i discovered BARD"S TALE http://www.bardsbeer.com/ thank god for these pioneers- at least i can have a beer while doing yard work now. it's no sam smiths oatmeal stout :( but it gets the job done. if anybody sees this in their area, please buy a six pack for the benifit of your wheat-challenged breatheren. so i don't have to keep destroying my liver with capn morgan and red bull!

later-chris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Homer Z Simpson

I cannot believe you people....

All this discussion of Beer, and no-one has mentioned DUFF?

MMMMMMMMM DUFF Beer....

Those of you who stayed with me during the Okemo Carving Session will recognize my collection. Nothing remarkable about it except its age. All the cans were collected between 1968 and 1978. The rarest one is a can of 7 Eleven Beer (I'm not making this up!).

4ufezc

SOme of you stayed in the Long Trail Room - dedicated to Vermon't own wonderful amber ale. It even goes well on corn flakes. "Beer - it's not just for breakfast anymore".

4ufgrd

for lazy Homebrewers...if you are tired of the chemistry experiments but still want the pleasure of drinting a drink that you created, Mead is by far the simplest of alcohols to make...the only real requirement is purity of ingredients. I.E. grade B honey gives you a nasty brew

Originally posted by Dave Pushee

Don't forget Jay Peak Tram Ale (from Long Trail Brewing in VT).

Dave, where did you get this stuff ? Can't find it anywhere . All this talk about top shelf tequila has me psyched for 5/5/05. Being a big sushi fan, I just got some Ozeki Ginjo Premier Sake. California brewed with Sierra Nevada water and fruity schweetniss. Got some Sailor Jerry rum in Cape Hatteras last month and it makes Capt Morgan seem pretty weak.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems this is such a rarity these days, so I feel compelled to share a good experience. I ordered two bottles of Chamucos tequila from www.vintagewines.biz. When the bottles arrived, they were both short by about 3-4 ounces. The cork stopper had leaked in transit, even though it was wrapped in plastic.

I've been emailing with vintagewines, and have been getting great service. They are responsive and genuinely concerned about the situation. They're issuing me a 15% credit for each bottle.

So if you're craving a hard-to-find wine or spirit, check out www.vintagewines.biz

Originally posted by willywhit

Dave, where did you get this stuff ? Can't find it anywhere . All this talk about top shelf tequila has me psyched for 5/5/05. Being a big sushi fan, I just got some Ozeki Ginjo Premier Sake. California brewed with Sierra Nevada water and fruity schweetniss. Got some Sailor Jerry rum in Cape Hatteras last month and it makes Capt Morgan seem pretty weak.

Willy,

I picked up a six in mid-March in Troy, VT from the store at the junction of Rt 100 and 101 (about 5 miles down the road from Jay Peak). I think the Tram Ale was just a relabled packaging of one of Long Trail's standard brews, and it may have only been available locally for a short time.

The six-pack design was neat because it looked like the Jay tram (with a party going on inside).

- Dave

that solves the mystery dave, thanks. Since checking both websites Jack posted , I've realized that sauza and cuervo make great margs but sammy hagar may be right on with the cabo wabo tequila. Is it still protocol to eat the worm?