Note to New Members ×

Edge of Regress - carving progression clip

slapos

hi all,

wanted to share a clip showing my progression through the years, since I have put on hard boots, some of you probably seen this before, at least in pieces - decided to put it together finally.

i still do have many problems, but at least i know where the edges are finally.

to all the strugglers out there - take it easy and keep on riding!

any advice on what to do next appreciated!

Edited by slapos
  • Like 7

Boot - definitely MS951 with Zipfit liners

Board - hmm all depends what you want out of the board.

My personal fav with best money to value ratio is polish made Nobile. Full camber and very lively.

Oxess rides the best out of all the gear that I have ridden, however I cannot justify the price difference for the amount additional fun vs say Nobile or Apex snowboards.

But hey I am cheap so it might be different to you!

All in all - as you probably noticed through the clip, board hinders my riding least....

awesome!  Aggressive/fluid/dynamic is the style i love.  Can't wait to see where you taking it to the next level👍
For me it's the case of "Benjamin button".  Play it backward it's my journey lol.... /cry
the older i am; the greater i was lol. 
Dealing with body changing is tough.  Getting hair in place where i had none before.   Ears/nose lol....

Progression technique shifts.

1/ gradual change to line of shoulders more across the length of the board, especially on heelside.

2/ turn transitions go from on snow to almost entirely airborne and back to smooth and on snow when you are shooting with the polecam.

3/ midperiod there are quite a few turns where you seem to not be sure of your balance on the new edge and some arm flailing and balance adjustment occurs as the turn is being initiated. Your feel for balance on the new edge seems better in the polecam section. And with that your knees are doing more of the shock absorption, and possibly your rear knee is being pushed down towards the snow less on your toeside turns. In that last segment I get the impression you are more aware of the edge engagement and feeling balanced on the edge strip of the board that is tracking along the lateral wall of your carving groove. As you say yourself "I know where the edges are finally."

26 minutes ago, WinterGold said:

Hey, Mr. Slapa! Very good video! ðŸĪŸðŸžÂ 
I like year 1 the best! 👊ðŸŧ
Hahaha, just kidding! ðŸĪŠ

Great work! ✊ðŸŧ🏂

Gerald - i love looking back at these and i think - you have come a long way bro!

whats funny though, at the time i would think that i have reached an absolute max of my ability - a wall!

how perspective changes...

• Like 3