Note to New Members ×

MN COVID restrictions

BobD

5 hours ago, BobD said:

All outdoor recreation areas like skating rinks, ski hills and parks can still operate, but their indoor areas will be closed.

what a time to be alive /s

so are you going to drive to buck with your boots on? or maybe just the left foot?

moira got an email from Lifetime Fitness urging patrons to lobby the governor to keep gyms open.

i get it... shutdown hurts but this is just really bad optics.

I normally put my boots on in the parking lot before covid. Except when it is below zero. That is going to be the time when all this really hurts. Without warming up inside, I see a decent amount of folks taking a few runs while the car heats up (myself included). 

Gyms really should be closed. Did you see the numbers tied to gyms? 

I am really curious how the reservation system will keep people from over crowding certain areas. I see terrain parks still being a hot bed, unless they are going to spread them out.

What if everyone who reserves a day wants to be on the same terrain?

I have always struggled to put cold boots on in the best of times. My solution has been to use one of those corn filled hot bags wrapped in a towel, between the boots in the boot bag. Vary how hot you heat the corn bag and how many wraps of towel, depending on the air temp and how long the boots will be in a cold vehicle. If your boot bag isn't insulated, use a large freezer shopping bag.

https://www.amazon.com/Microwavable-Filled-Heating-Washable-Cotton/dp/B00IA98YNI/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Microwavable+Corn+Filled+Heating+Pad&qid=1605798119&s=hpc&sr=1-4

Edited by BobD

12 minutes ago, Scott.Creer said:

Gyms really should be closed. Did you see the numbers tied to gyms?

no I haven't... do you have a link?

my nephew goes to Lifetime and says they do a good job of wiping down equipment. just not sure how that prevents virus from spreading once its airborne.

The "experts" are finally admitting that virus on surfaces is not how the virus is spreading, It's airborne. Most of the sanitizing surfaces is window dressing for the public. The annoying thing about this is that many virologist were telling us that back in March.

If you go to the gym and you don't breathe heavily, you are doing something wrong.

Edited by BobD

50 minutes ago, bobble said:

no I haven't... do you have a link?

Listen to the Q&A after the briefing last night. They talked about the spread numbers from gyms and athletics.

For heating up boots, shove the boots open end up towards the dash of the car on the passenger side and turn the heat on for the for area. This always preheats the boots for me. 

5 hours ago, BobD said:

My solution has been to use one of those corn filled hot bags wrapped in a towel, between the boots in the boot bag.

That's much funnier when you grossly misread it as using corn dogs to warm your boots. Warm boots and a tasty treat! 

• Haha 2

On 11/19/2020 at 2:25 PM, Corey said:

That's much funnier when you grossly misread it as using corn dogs to warm your boots. Warm boots and a tasty treat! 

Tried the corn dog method. Putting hot corn dogs in the boots distorted the custom footbeds.

Edited by BobD
  • Haha 1

no thanks. we didn't sign up to sit at the slopes all day

SHE THREW A FIRST WORLD PROBLEM INTO YOUR FACE!!! OH MAN !!! SHE TOTALLY OWNED YOU!!! YEAH!!! 

some people aren't afraid of this pandemic - pandemic is over. It's all about control

i guess it could be worse... 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2020 at 7:42 PM, BobD said:

This is why I'm not teaching this year. Too many people who don't take the virus seriously.

it's a hoax.JPG

Exhibit A on why interstate immigration must be outlawed. Shayla should either get with the program of leaving your kids out all day in brutal cold or move the hell back to Missouri.

• Haha 1