Note to New Members ×

Jackson Hole for carving?

1xsculler

Yes. The Casper lift serves a collection of blue groomers.  There are other great groomers around the resort too.  I went there in 2010 with only my Stubby 170 and wished I had brought my 185 NSR.  Leave anything shorter than 170 at home!  I'd like to hardboot there again someday.  But also bring a powder/freeride setup.  Or rent one.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, AJCdice said:

Agreed on having a deep snow contingency.  I was there many years ago for a friend’s wedding with one skinny alpine board and next thing I knew, I was bolting my Cateks on a crap rental freestyle board.

I got a "performance demo" at a snowboard shop at the base.  First they had me try something short and fishy, but I'm too old school.  Switched it for a Supermodel 168 and had a great time. 

There is a run called Grand that is one of the most epic carving faces ever in creation. So fun. 

There is good carving on Casper. A little busier. i could get Grand all to myself almost every time. The Aprez Vous side has some pretty fun low angle carving too. But yes. Must have powdery option. Sometimes it gets deep. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...