Note to New Members ×

Photos from Okemo

patmoore

I only had my camcorder on Sunday but was able to capture some still images from the digital tape. Despite less than optimal conditions these guys were still able to rip it up!

28438z

2844jk

Elliott

2844qs

Ron

Here's a short slow motion video clip I took of Ron. If it starts taking up too much bandwidth I'm going to have to yank it. Please right click on the link and "save target as..."

Enjoy,

Pat

Has "Quads of Jelly" been taken? Mine were excrutiating on Sunday and I had only been riding two days!

What a drag it is getting old....

Hip injury two weeks ago in a ski race. Shoulder injury a week ago boarding, and knee injury yesterday boarding.....

I still have to get through the NASTAR nationals. It will be tough if I can't bend my knee.

Hi Miguel,

I was an Airborne Weather Observer in the Air Force. My job was to jump in by helicopter the night before a planned airborne invasion and launch pilot balloons to determine wind for the airdrop. Fortunately I never had to do it in a combat situation.

I had orders for Thailand but they were rescinded and I finished my enlistment stateside.

It was great meeting you! I look forward to hooking up with you again.

Pat

Originally posted by www.oldsnowboards.com

Looks like a great turn out!! Great conditions too. Check the Tanker 2000cm "Millinium" , sweet!!

That's Eric. He was also riding a Madd BX board. He warned us to watch out for the rollers, but I didn't fully comprehend what he meant until I went over the bars and drove the point of my shoulder into the trail. I'm still hurting.

Guest jeremiah

It's all in the sunglasses. I wear contacts (rigid, i.e. hard lenses) and have never been able to ride with anything other than googles until late last spring when I picked up a pair of Oakley sunglasses that just fit perfectly.

I had a gift card for Mt. Snow that was about to expire, was on my way to Stratton, and broke my sunglasses. Pulled into Mt. Snow, these were on sale, and were almost exactly the amount I had on my gift card. It was very sunny, so I wore the sunglasses on the lift, and forgot to put my goggles on when I started my run. I probably did 2 runs before I realized that I was able to ride without goggles.

Since then I much prefer to ride with just sunglasses. I've tried friend's sunglasses, and these are the only ones that work for me. The actually do a better job of blocking the wind than my goggles (foam is wearing out) and unless it's a flat-light day, I wear my sunglasses all the time now.

As for Ron, he's just a freak of nature. After watching him ride, I'm sure he would be fine with a twisted up coat hanger covered with saran wrap, riding a 2x4 tied to birkenstocks with baling twine.

Jeremiah

Originally posted by jeremiah

As for Ron, he's just a freak of nature. After watching him ride, I'm sure he would be fine with a twisted up coat hanger covered with saran wrap, riding a 2x4 tied to birkenstocks with baling twine.

Jeremiah

I spend a bunch of time with Ron on the snow and you Called it right, He is a freak, I tell him that quite often :D

You are wrong about the glasses thing with him, He is Very picky about the shades and I have Never seen him wear goggles in the 4 years I have ridden with him.

On the other hand I bet he could dump turns on that 2x4, infact that has been one of my jokes to him, although we substitue the 2x4 for a Brick:eek:

I hope to see you at stratton before the season is over

Originally posted by Bobby Buggs

I spend a bunch of time with Ron on the snow and you Called it right, He is a freak, I tell him that quite often

He's a Nuckle-Head Dragon Freak! You know what I'm saying:D

How you feeling Buggs! Just got back from Okemo again! Hero snow conditions for the last 2 days! Awesome Big Time! Hope to see the gang soon in April! Maybe at MT Snow!

With appreciation to pchang for posting the original, here's a tweaked group shot from Friday at Okemo (I tweaked levels and applied a touch of Unsharp Mask.) Sure would be nice to know who most of these people are! (I know about 3-4 folks in the whole shot.) If you were there, maybe you could point yourself out!

I'm back row, 4th from left. Holly is back row, 6th from left.

Scott

okemo_group2.jpg

Guest jeremiah

I'm in the front row with a grey jacket and blue helmet holding the blue Donek Axis. I'm right behind Bobby Buggs who is the lazy bastid lying down.

Jeremiah

• 4 weeks later...