Note to New Members ×

Alpine boots with GW soles

Deuxdiesel

I have given up on using AT boots for plates and snowboard specific boots are ridiculously expensive for 20 year old technology, so I started looking into modern alpine boots with Grip Walk soles.  One that I have considered is the Dalbello Pantera 90 with GW soles.  Flex adjustment and walk/ski modes, ramp angle adjustment, plus the soles might reduce the side sliding that normal alpine boots have on plate bindings.  There are lots of others out there like this, and the prices are much better than the limited supply of UPZ/Deeluxe boots.  Has anyone else tried or looked into this?  I have 4 great alpine boards sitting idle because I am in a boot drought.  

3 hours ago, barryj said:

Hey DD

Doesn't sound like your riding backcountry splitboards....  what's your necessity of "Walk Grip" soles?    Just walking from car to lodge....in your boots?

Plenty of used boots listed in classifieds here. 

It would keep the toes/heels from sliding sideways in the bindings?  Not a necessity, just dismayed with the lack of options, technology and overall value of what is available in modern hard boots.  

If you have a ski shop locally go try a bunch of stuff on.  Every boot is a compromise. I'm sure those would get a board on edge- go see if they fit and if they flex like you want them too. 

I'm not sure why you gave up on AT boots, but there are a bunch of boots that ride the grey area in AT and walking/ sidecountry alpine boots. 

• Like 1