Note to New Members ×

Attitash 2019-2020

lonbordin

• 2 weeks later...

Wildcat was closed today, a victim of the rain.

Attitash and Bear were open and I got to spend the morning with @Topboost and that was great! He showed me the ins and outs of Attitash/Bear and it's always great to ride with a skilled rider.  Unfortunately the strong winds kept the Summit Triple on wind hold all day but there was plenty of terrain and varied conditions to keep one engaged.

I'm really grateful for all those I've met in real life from the forums. Really great folk.

It's snowing and blowing outside tonight... Temps are dropping and the wind-chill is forecast to be rough in the morning. I might wait until later to hit the slopes.

Rode the new to me Donek FC all day, perfect board for the conditions.

Edited by lonbordin

Probably 4+ natural today... Didn't ride... Visited another esteemed forum member for some boot adjustments and more importantly... Information. Thanks!

They are blowing and moving stuff as I type (I can hear it).  Gotta work some tomorrow... Have to make some strategic forays to the hill.

Edited by lonbordin

Was out ~1000 to 1130 this am... Fantastic conditions.  Boots were awesome! Thanks @Beckmann AG

Moat opened... Fun but Probably more fun when it gets a bit wider.  Temps in the mid 20s... Well groomed. If I didn't have work appointments I'd have been out all day!

The math on the summit triple just doesn't work out... So slow... The Yankee gets you more turns per hour. TPH!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Got back out a couple of times today between meetings.  Good snow, good groom... a few more people... winds dropping to the mid twenties but still not mild... windchill values were in the negatives early this morning. Look at that sky... you could see a long way today.

I do wish Attitash would post on the report runs that will be closed for racing... I was hoping to sample Intuition today... not happening.

My kid and his friend arrived today... might sneak in a session at Wildcat this weekend... we'll see.

spacer.png

• Like 1

My son, our friend, and I went out at open. I lasted until lunch then went and hiked Diana's Baths with my spouse.

The great guide I had earlier, thanks again!, paid off and I was able to show them the ropes.

It was a great day... Calming winds, warmer temps, great snow, and solid grooming. More people but still really light crowds. 

Looked like someone was carving over on Moat but I was on the Summit chair and never ran into them.

About to face Illusion...

spacer.png

Edited by lonbordin
Autocorrect

Rode Attitash in the AM, Wildcat in the PM.  

Attitash was WAAAAYYY better.  

Took a lift ride with a short run with @Topboost:biggthump

Lots of great carving to be had today... did most of it on the Bear side.  My freakin' quads are toast right now.

Must hydrate... for tomorrow.  :eplus2:

Looking forward to additional grooming on Attitash (Spillway)

spacer.png

• Like 1

Got an unexpected half day off from the job, w00t!

Was able to make it out around 1330...

Bear was dust on boiler or just boiler.  Wrong day to switch my bindings to my longer board with larger SCR. :smashfrea

My son's friend got separated from us and calimity ensued. Luckily no injuries.

We finished back on the Attitash side, Northwest passage to Far out was the "most" carvable run.

Moved my binders to my lil' Coiler in ancipation of similar conditions tomorrow.  Who knows maybe they'll open a groomed Spillway.

Back at it at open today.  Went a little aggressive on my first run and ended up off trail... whoops! Ah well just a couple of bruises. 

Went back to the condo swapped boards and went back out because conditions at open were great. 

The groomers did a really good job recovering Bear as well. Rode with the kids until ~1200.  

I was burnt... We all hiked Diana's Baths to the moose trail in the afternoon.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Happy Holidays all.

Edited by lonbordin
Correcting autocorrect

Back again today. Out early, then mid-day, then back out afternoon. Conditions were alright, I enjoyed Moat late in the day.

Spent the day swapping between the boots I brought and playing with my angles. 

Got to take a few laps with @Topboost, w00t!

The weather tomorrow looks to be wet... Might skip if that's the case.

• Like 1

Last day at Attitash. Thought I could go out tomorrow but I didn't know our check-out time was so early and I have to get the kids to the bus in No. Conway also early.

Only got out I'm the early am. Snow was wet/fast and soft. Freezing rain was falling upper part of the mountain.

Had a great time... The days went by rapidly. Thanks for the laps @Topboost!

Onwards to Stowe.

Edited by lonbordin