Note to New Members ×

I Want one

Pokolikrat

I rode assym. I rode some before assym were around (red MBoo (actually Bamboo) slalom board comes to mind - red on topsheet, bottom was red & black like a cheetah pattern, smth like that). Then came assyms, all the hype, and then they went out just like that... Always liked them 🙂

I had a Hot Logical 172 (1990 I think), which was the first board I really started carving on (beyond just tipping the board on its edge). I guess it also was my first board that was really suitable for carving with a good sidecut and stiffness. A lot of camber also, it was good at launching you from one turn into the next one (at least that was my impression, maybe more due to my skill & weight at the time...)

After that I had an F2 Beamer 162, and on that I learned that asyms were not working for me. I consciously had to bring my weight back in heelside turns not to go over the nose.

But I still love the way asyms look! Actually tempted to make a board with a longer heelside edge, to have a skewed nose and tail, just for the looks of it 🙂

Edited by TimW

9 hours ago, TimW said:

Advertising has changed a bit over the years.

http___cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com_onboard_wp-content_uploads_2015_11_x1991hot-superG.jpg

Ha ha! That was the first year I rode for the Hot International Team...my gf at the time, said she could do better than the model. 

But she never put her money where her moth was! 😂

• LOL 1

17 hours ago, Emdee406 said:

Ha ha! That was the first year I rode for the Hot International Team...my gf at the time, said she could do better than the model. 

But she never put her money where her moth was! 😂

I don't know if that was a spelling error or not, and at this point I'm too scared to ask.

• LOL 2