Note to New Members ×

Softboot binding recommendation for large feet

TimW

7 minutes ago, Emdee406 said:

Isn’t funny how we’ve gone from hard thin, minimalist straps, to giant super cushioned ones, now to hard and wide! 

Ive only been about in the sport 4 years so i missed the transitions but yeah most high end straps are going all plastic skeleton of varying size and stiffness

Edited by scottishsurfer

48 minutes ago, scottishsurfer said:

Rome targa strap would be my suggestion, very stiff and responsive.

Cool! But are they also as comfortable as the Hammockstraps?

7 minutes ago, Emdee406 said:

Isn’t funny how we’ve gone from hard thin, minimalist straps, to giant super cushioned ones, now to hard and wide! 

Main difference is that now they can be responsive AND comfortable. Not going back to crushed feet... LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scottishsurfer said:

I can't give an honest answer there i have nerve damage related numbness in my legs and feet so i could crank them until the circulation was cut off and not be bothered but i've never heard complaints from anyone else.

That almost sounds like an advantage for snowboarding... ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mig said:

That almost sounds like an advantage for snowboarding... ;)

It does lead to a some what over exaggerated power based riding style that leaves trail of broken bindings behind me 😂🤣😂

On the plus side it does mean i don't have much issue riding in hards in non modified ski boots lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

This is why i cant recommend them the disc was tight and didn't break the whole back section of the chassis just flexed up causing snow to pack under and become ice.

Holy shit, guess Union only works for us smaller guys......

You need something with a metal frame and disk, bolted dead on, only one I can think of is SP binding, probably the top of the line one Slab One, full aluminum construction.

Edited by pauleleven