Note to New Members ×

MacGyver Modifications and Repairs

Chouinard

Yeah it works really well and lasts longer than normal boot laces , the only downside is its pretty harsh on your fingers and you need to do a reef knot first before your traditional shoelace knot other wise it will come undone due to the cord not compressing like a lace will. other than that i generally recomend climbing cord to anyone who rides alot.

Should change the topic to "Crazy people with too much going on in their Brain and not enough ways to express it ". Once helped a friend move his machine shop (Once !). Major time commitment not like rearranging a bunch of furniture.  More fun extracting the goodies from machine shop auction sales. How does your plate ride and what wear characteristics has the front side exhibited ?

So far it rides well, though I haven't used it much. It's on a 15(3?) , which is a pretty small board I mostly take out when riding with friends on soft gear. Nice reduction of small bumps, etc, but very direct feeling. That board is UPM only, and I figured if I was going to make adapters I might as well make a plate.

I haven't ridden it enough to show wear, but I imagine it will be similar to vist rash, though maybe not quite as bad since it's not locked in the middle. Some shear like a vist, some isolation like an axle based plate. The front hardware is designed for some slide, but is rigidly attached (no loose screws).

And yes, moving a machine shop is and adventure.

l'd note that I am not a machinist. I'm a bike and knife maker (plus general tinkerer) and all my machine use has been figured out to those ends.