Note to New Members ×

Donek Ryan twin

Hencloud

Incline with vsr would be nice. Flux hammerheadish nose and tail would be nice to maximise effective edge.

I reckon a flux would be better. Probably as good at carving but better in powder. Not sure if that's what you want though.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the correct recommendation based on your preference.

Surely based on that alone, you are entitled to a return?

To be clear: It's not like the Knapton board is a dud. It can carve clean turns. See any of Ryan's videos.  It comes down to personal taste if you want a directional board or not. 

Call Sean and have a rational discussion. He's a good guy making good product. 

15 hours ago, Corey said:

To be clear: It's not like the Knapton board is a dud. It can carve clean turns.

Don't over think your purchase. Many of us on this forum have built several custom boards. If you don't like the board after you ride it pass it along and build your next board, if it is horrible talk to Sean about how to improve on those things and I am sure he will work with you. Enjoy the new board and keep an open mind.

Still no one asking what your stance and boot size is?

The only thing clear on this thread is that you don’t ride backwards. 

If you told Sean that you have anything bigger than a size 9 and want to run low binding angles, you need a wide board if you want to generate high edge angles. 

So... What’s your story? What does Sean know that we don’t?

• Like 4

Sorry. Im in China and just got wind of this thread. Unfortunately I can not review our original conversation or any notes so I can not say exactly why I directed you to the knapton. Reasons I might have had could include ability level, desire for a certain turn shape or feel from the turn or the description of your riding style.  I return on Monday. If there was an email thread leading to this decision, I would be happy to review it. If it was based on a phone conversation I will be unable to. It is not my practice to pressure anyone into purchasing during a phone consult precisely because i want them to have the time to research their decision. I do not.pressure customers to purchase anything, I only advise as to the best direction I think will achieve the goal that is deacribed to me.

• Like 5

On 1/15/2019 at 5:21 AM, Hencloud said:

My twin has been delivered but not used. I could probably sell it for close to what I paid for it and use my Proto 2 this year and then get a directional which to be fair i thought Sean would have recommended as I made it clear I don't ride switch.

First up talk to Sean directly. Maybe you guys can work something out.

That being said, you should put bindings on it and ride it! I had an earlier model twin which was a blast! 

• 1 year later...

U should get what u want. I have had an incline, 28 waist 157 8.5 SCR. That board rips on grommets. It was a stiff board. Just for carving excellent, it didn’t work for me all  mt.  I’ve been thinking about the flux   Not sure. I do ride switch maybe knapton twin in a little softer flex. If he doesn’t make u another ,try setting the bindings back a bit c how that feels. That’s y they make the twin with extra inserts. Just a thought 🙄🙄. I couldn’t stop laughing about the thong panties. Some rumor we need 🤪🤪🤙🏻🤙🏻🏂🏂