Note to New Members ×

Need new boots...who makes mondo 32?

fishrising

Starting to look for new boots.  Currently in Head Stratos Pro mondo 31.5, with some grinding work done in them.  Everywhere I look the biggest I seem to find is 31.  Really want a 32 this time around....getting older and my feet are getting flatter...

Any companies make a 32?

I hear UPZ run big, any truth to that?

This may be of no help, so I'm hoping it might be.  Should check with some folk that have size 31 and see what the shell size actually is "Beuller?"  Most boots have multiple sizes in the foot like 25.5 to 27 etc..  The other thing is you might have some luck with a thinner moldable liner.  I'm an actual 9.5 shoe, but fit quite well in a 26.5 shell with the thinner thermaflex.

21 hours ago, bumpyride said:

Most boots have multiple sizes in the foot like 25.5 to 27 etc..  The other thing is you might have some luck with a thinner moldable liner.  I'm an actual 9.5 shoe, but fit quite well in a 26.5 shell with the thinner thermaflex.

I was always of the impression that shell sizes and thermo liners typically come in full mondo sizes.  What dintinguishes the half sizes would typically be the stock non moldable liner... thicker on the equivalent.5 size.   For boots like the Deeluxe SB series,  I believe the removable tongue will be the same size for a range of shell sizes which is specified on the inside of the piece.

Edited by Gabe T

I use a 31.5 (I am a true US size 15) and have always worn Head Stratos Pro 31.5.  Thankfully, they are as close to perfect fitting for me as I need them to be.  I hope I have enough of them to outlast me.

"Phil", in PA (used to ride at RoundTop) is a size similar to mine and I think he used UPZ.  I never tried them but I seem to recall that he indicated they had more  volume in the toebox than the Heads.

I have searched for other options and I have never seen anything snowboard specific that is larger.  There are larger soft boots and ski boots (a few pair of which I bought for my nephew, years ago).

Good luck.  I can relate.

I am  a size 14 US.  I first tried Head Stratos in 31.5 but returned them as my big toes had zero room and the bootfitter didn’t think grinding would help 

I then tried Deeluxe 31.0 and they fit great. I have been very happy. Have two pairs now (225 and LeMans). If the Stratos felt tight but you could get into them, I’d recommend you try the Deeluxes. They certainly had more toe room for me than the Heads. 

Side note...ended up finding a used set of Scarpa T3 telemark boots in a size 32, that have had the duckbill cutoff.  They fit great as is, but might still get new liners for them!  Hoping to use these as my non-corduroy hardboots (trips out West with softbooters, trees here in New England, powder, etc) on my all mountain type boards and splitboard..  Will be curious how they do on corduroy too...  Oh, and still on the quest for new 32 true snowboard hard boots...or might try new liners in my Heads.

scarpat3_001.jpg

Edited by fishrising

the T3s are pretty sort cuffed but will work for powder, new liners in the heads could be huge improvement.

I got intuition" tour mod" liners for my deeluxe, very low volume liner with adjustable velcro fit pads around the heel and ankle protrusions. giving the toes lots of room.

also punching the boot shell in just the right spot (sixth toe/ball off foot) then molding the liner can make all the difference.

ps. I used merrel super comp and the original terminators as snow board boots back in the day, worked great

Edited by b0ardski