Note to New Members ×

Banff/Nakiska 2018/2019

Allee

I bought a Nakiska season pass this morning. I'm going to be sticking close to home this season, so I'll be hanging out at Nakiska more often than not.

I see the snow totals are getting topped up again today. Snow in the mountains is great. Snow in the city, especially before Halloween, not so much.

Anybody else planning on going to the Max Bell sale this year?

Edited by Allee

• 2 weeks later...

I've moved to Calgary for school, so I got myself a season pass to Nakiska. I live by the Foothills Medical Centre and plan to visit Nakiska most weekends, so let me know if anyone needs a ride.

The Max Bell sale was a huge waste of time. Everything was completely overpriced. You could buy brand new equipment for cheaper directly from a store than what they sold there. For example, they had a used 5-10 year old snowboard with a delaminated topsheet for $100, used 2 years old Burton Genesis bindings for $270, the list goes on. There was seriously nothing there at a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have your confirmation email you can get the pass at either the 17th Ave office or the guest services at the hill. If you have a previous pass with the reloadable logo, you should be able to reactivate it online, I believe the email had a link. It's mostly about signing the waiver. If the office isn't busy it should take less than five minutes.

I was out there for the PM today, saw a brave soul on a Kessler I believe (I was on my softies). Just Mapmaker open today, with upload/download on Olympic. It wasn't very busy, but I suspect when I am out there with my kids tomorrow it will be nuts. Snow was the usual groomed/manmade, though pretty rutted/icy/choppy from all the race training. Hopefully its groomed tonight. Anyway, It wasn't amazing, but it sure beat spending the afternoon at work.

And yes, you can reload your pass online if you had one last year (at least that's what I did)

I was there friday until the race brats came back from lunch. Freddie was there on his kessler and I was a two planner wanker for the day. The conditions were garbage but with all the blowing they are now doing there should be reasonable coverage next weekend on more trails. There were way too many people on one run with bad snow to make it worth staying. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone riding January 7,8, or 9?  My wife and I will be arriving on the night of the 6th and riding the next few days.  Also out of Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Norquay which is the best for carving?  Any suggestions on where to ride and grab beers is greatly appreciated.

Louise would be my choice for carving. It’s got mixed natural and man made. Sunshine is mostly natural, great AM riding. Mostly above tree line. Norquay is small steep and narrow. They are getting hit with snow right now, so it will all be good. Great pizza in Banff at Bear Street Tavern. Also in Lake Louise one of the best places is the Outpost Pub. It’s at the Post Hotel. I’m planning on hitting Louise on Wednesday, if your around I’ll be at the base around 9:30. 

• 1 month later...