Note to New Members ×

SG Race Board 178 cm

patmoore

I've gotten a lot of use out of this board over the years and it and I've had a lot of racing success.  My wife agreed it was time for me to upgrade so I'll be riding a Kessler next season. This SG has certainly endured some cosmetic blemishes but structurally is sound.  There are two noticeable chips in the topsheet at the tail but the base has a lot of life left in it.  I have no idea what to ask for it.  Feel free to make an offer.  I'll have to charge for shipping.  If you're near Ludlow, VT and want to take a look at it, you're more than welcome to.

413850355.jpg

413850360.jpg

413850359.jpg

413850356.jpg

413850357.jpg

413850358.jpg

That SG is worth 50$ keep it as a rock board, but do walk into the shop at okemo and buy one of the two MK's for 699$, and you might get an employee discount, learn to carve it, it will do great on any Nastar course, and after you can carve it, get a longer race specific board.

6 minutes ago, ursle said:

That SG is worth 50$ keep it as a rock board, but do walk into the shop at okemo and buy one of the two MK's for 699$, and you might get an employee discount, learn to carve it, it will do great on any Nastar course, and after you can carve it, get a longer race specific board.

Dude has bad knees, madd or madd like might be hard on the cat. 

• Like 1

Geoff has the way I’d go..... 

madds were great but they take a lot out of you. Kesslers are pretty great, not that some of the Doneks and coilers aren’t but there’s something different with kesslers and I like it. Don’t like the pricing, the price is right one that one.....

2 hours ago, GeoffV said:

@patmoore you should pick up the Kessler 171 from Bomber stock that is being sold on ebay. Arden has the same board,

I got a slightly used one in the 171 length.  It rode great at the Vertical Challenge Finals last Saturday.

• Like 2

I also have a hand made, by the man, very early serial number, 171kessler, got a 7 nastar on it at okemo.

The MK is a whole different board than the 158 madd, the 158 madd will come to a stop if you ride it flat, it's tail will stop you it has to be on edge, the MK does fine when flat, it can easily be raced and it will carve the ice and easily make Nastar gates, there's no secret about carving, whatever the board, either you get yourself into a position on the rear edge to get the board verticle or you don't and if you don't you're not going to carve on ice, it's a black and white situation.

So Pat, get some real boots(no heel slip, orthotics), some real bindings (lift and cantable) and grab that MK.

After you can carve it jump on your Kessler, you'll find the MK is more fun.