Note to New Members ×

BPM on Snowboard Run...

Deckard

I've always known that riding is more of an anaerobic activity but was always curious as to how high my heart rate got on an average run.  At 66 years old I thought it might be of value to know.  I've started wearing a monitor some days and found that on a typically aggressive top to bottom run at an average western resort (Colorado mostly) I was hitting 150 bpm+ by the time I'm pulling up to the lift.  The good news was that my heart rate recovered to it's active base in less then a minute.  Just curious if anyone has done anything similar and if so what info they might have gotten. 

I had a FitBit knock-off watch for a while.  I logged 190 BPM during aggressive runs with a slalom board.  Accuracy is suspect, but it was pretty closely matched readings on a treadmill during HIIT training.  If you believe the "220 - your age" rule, I should have died.  ;)  Didn't care, it was fun.  

• Like 1

I wear a Garmin Fenix 3.  I feel it's underreporting my heart rate when I ride.... cause i feel my heart is going to jump out of my chest when i stopped....

My stats at least according to the watch: running vo2max of 54 with resting heart rate of mid to low 30 at sea level. 

The saw tooth in the end is where I was lapping gun barrel at Aspen Highland.
Grey is heart rate, green is elevation.

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 3.27.22 PM.png

Edited by pow4ever
  • Like 1

lol; I traded it all just to ride like Corey once :biggthump

"my RHR for Corey's skill".

You know how my lollygagging carving way too well.  make 5 turns; sit down to catch my breath hahaha...

Garmin compress the data/time line in some shape/form(supposedly it's lift aware?) :  As a data nerd I am trying not to digging in...  I often miss the forest for the tree ;-)