Note to New Members ×

Breckenridge

slopestar

I am at Breckenridge with family and am astonished by its size and picturesque sceneries.  BUT, slush all around. I hoped for better condition on snowy Sunday. Upper half was ok but too windy. Most of all, crossing trails from peak to peak are too flat.  Too wide and mellow steepness with pointless rollers invite straightliners.  

Abasin was excellent on Sat & Today. Probably will ride there most of this week and maybe Keystone. 

Despite of unimpressed slopes, I went out again in the today morning.  I meant to stay in Peak 9 but got lost again and ended up either Northstar or Claimjumper. And met a hardbooter ripping nicely. We chatted a min or so and went our own way (riding with a 7 yrs old). 

Then, hit Keystone afternoon. Now, I do really respect CO riders for their endurance. 3 runs from top to bottom (Frenchman & Wild Irishman) shot my legs. 

Will be at A-basin tomorrow. 

Edited by piusthedrcarve
  • Like 1

Took easy on today. 

Few laps at A-basin green and blue trails after 10:30. The condition is still nice. Went to back bowl and rode Columbine and Larkspur. It was more chopped up than lodge side but pitch was nice. Even more reasons to ride A-basin. 

On my last run at 2, I met Aaron (kitepearson?) and rode down High-Noon together. It was soft but we loved it every bit of it and made deep trenches on the way down. 

I will be at A-basin next two days in the morning. 

• 8 months later...

Anyone out-and-about over the Holidays? I've been out the last 4-days, and haven't seen another 'booter. I know, I know; LCI, etc. But Epic-Pass + House-next-to-Shock-Station = I'm riding Breck (and maybe A Basin). 

It's been surprisingly mellow, this week, given the holidays and all that. Nice fresh yesterday, but the wind is roaring today. We'll be here through the 30th. 

• 1 month later...

After some 30-40 days of riding at Breck, over the last 2-seasons, I finally saw another carver, this past Saturday (and again on Sunday)! Not sure who; Guy on a black w/red-letters, Donek FC (if you're reading, I had the black, REV 175).

I always find it funny that virtually no-one working at Breck has any idea of what an alpine board is. Yet if I go to our dinky MN local bump, most every liftie knows the deal.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...