Note to New Members ×

UPZ, RC8s vs RC10s

1xsculler

I was riding on a cold day, perfect snow, my heel sides were crisp, last run, near the bottom suddenly my heel sides were mushy, the RC10's had broken the second from the top buckle and were loose, never ridden the 8's, so the difference being somewhere between having 4 or 5 buckles, adding in the exact placement, let's add the duro of the shell also.

Bobby Bugs,

No prizes awarded for pointing out the obvious.  The information I am hoping to get is from guys who may have tried both 8s and 10s and who may have an opinion on which they liked/disliked or why they bought one vs the other.  No prizes awarded for pointing out the differences in color either.

47 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

No prizes awarded for pointing out the obvious. 

This is totally subtle so most guys miss it, but 10 is bigger than 8 by 2, so there's a 25% difference right there. On another note, I was told that the RC8s use inferior plastic to the 10s. I cannot vouch for the truthfulness of this claim. I bought the ATBs.

Is the 10 taller?  Is the upper shell any different?  Is the lower shell any different except for the additional buckle?  The 8 probably has a less stiff plastic than the 10.  The ATB is a total noodle according to someone on this site, i.e. so soft that this person couldn't imagine using it. 

6 hours ago, 1xsculler said:

Is the 10 taller?  Is the upper shell any different?  Is the lower shell any different except for the additional buckle?  The 8 probably has a less stiff plastic than the 10.  The ATB is a total noodle according to someone on this site, i.e. so soft that this person couldn't imagine using it. 

What's wrong with noodles?  The ATB pairs well with powder boards and plate bindings set at lower angles ~45f/30r.  Powder boards can be fun to ride in softer snow too.

• Like 1