Note to New Members ×

What's up with the editor on this forum?

Apex Insider

I don't think I'm the only one having trouble with the built-in editor on this forum. The editor injects huge paragraph spaces when you copy and paste to it. I suspect there are some hidden formatting codes but they are not accessible. 

I'm not sure who's moderating this forum but can this be looked at? A lot of rich text editors will allow you to see the raw formatting code. Perhaps turn this on?

Also, when editing a topic, the button at the bottom says "Edit Topic" when it really should say "Submit" or "Save Changes". 

Don't mean to nitpick but as a former UI guy, I have to mention it. The availability of this forum is much appreciated by the community as I'm sure you're aware.

Edited by Apex Insider

I almost quit posting this last week because of this! Rob had boards I wanted for sale, and All I Could Do was post my pic! luckily, I had his email info, and secured the board. Annoying, to say the least! But, they'll fix it, I'm certain (Oh, Hey, I can TYPE again.. Hmm, must be better already!).

My issues aren't even with pasting, more like whenever typing a reply.  If my phone or tablet (both Android devices) autocorrects a word, the cursor jumps to some new/random spot, and includes parts of the word that were autocorrected. Even without autocorrects, the cursor jumps around pretty randomly.  I've tried 4 different browsers with no change. 

The issues are not present on Vbulletin forums.