Note to New Members ×

Thermoflex 131/Palau 141 point of interest

1xsculler

I have two pairs of new, never heated liners, i.e. one is a Thermoflex 131 size 28 and the other is a Pal;au 141, size 280.  I'm assuming they're both size 28 but my toes are super, super cramped in the 131s, to the point I doubt any heating would make them useable but, much to my surprise, the 141 Palau 280s fit as though a little heat molding would make my toes very happy.  If this is what others can confirm then I would suggest size 28 131s would be good for a foot measuring less than 28cm (mine measures 28.2cm).  I'm using Intuitions now as I knew the 131s would never fit.  Now I think I will heat up the 280 141s and give them a try in my size 28 shells.  Maybe size 28 131s would make for a good 27.5 size.

If your feet fit in a thermo liner before it's been molded, then it's way too large. They can compress considerably once hot. That's the whole point! It becomes a custom mold of your foot, with wiggle room wherever you add extra padding. 

I'm going to assume that you're not trying to sell these new liners surreptitiously, as new equipment sales are expressly forbidden on the Bomber forums. 

Very interested in this thread.  I'm about ready to buy a new pair of 700's from Jim and Angie and my existing 27.0 SB 324's fit me like a glove...stock liners.  I tried a friend's new 700T size 27 shell and liner and my toes were curled up in the ends.  These are brand new and have not been heated.  We pulled his new liners out and I put my old as hell 324 liners in and they have tons of toe room and the boot fit fantastically, which makes me feel better about wondering whether the 700's would fit.  

My question, as I'm not familiar with the Thermoflex or other liners...should the toes be that damn tight prior to heating?  Should I look to another liner altogether when I buy...I see there is a Palau option?  

The shell size is up to a 27.5.  Do you think I can get a 28.0 liner inside?

thanks for the help,

Randy   

• 3 weeks later...

Are you comparing liner to liner, or boot shell to boot shell?  Different liners are different thicknesses.  Even more so if they've been molded, then they're the size of the last person's feet that molded them.  

Generally: if you're comfortable with a new unmolded liner, the boot is much too big.  

After boarding about fifteen times in my 325s with intuition liners and feeling pretty good about the fit even though they were a little tight in the toe width, all of a sudden the toes on my right foot began to kill so badly I had to quit riding.  I think I am getting it worked out but it was very frustrating.