Note to New Members ×

Accomodation suggestions - whistler/ banff/ revelstoke etc

rikytheripster

Hey Guys,

I'm planning a boarding trip out to Western Canada for potentially all March and April. Destination wise I'm flexible but was thinking the powder highway or whistler.

If anyone knows where to look for accomodation or has a room i could rent please give me a shout.

Any other suggestions are welcome also! 

There is a distinct difference in hotels in Revelstoke, those within the town center are closer to the CN railyard, which means that your evening sleep may be interrupted by the sound of VERY long freight trains rumbling throughout the night. The hotels on off of the main Transcanada highway are quieter, but more expensive.

I do business in Revvy and visit 3-4 times a year, and found out the hard way. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

As for accomodation in Whistler, if Whistler/Blackcomb is all booked up, you might want to stay in Squamish instead. Hotel capacity in Squamish was increased for the 2010 Olympics, and the town is only 30 minutes away by car from Whistler.

I've always wondered why the freight trains in Revy, Fernie and Banff have to sound their horns eight times, going through town at 11pm (and 2am, and 5am ...). I'm sure it's some sort of safety thing to clear the drunks off the tracks, but really?

I don't mind the trains. The Powder Springs is where I've stayed: a little basic but it's not supposed to be fancy. That's not a long term place though. With Revelstoke you have that separate hill/ town thing going on. April is fairly late for Whistler - there'll be snow, but it's past peak.