Note to New Members ×

Virus Raptor 172cm Carving SKIIS!!!!!

Sintered Man

Hey guys, I don't ski, but I saw these on ebay and just had to jump on them. I had planned on trying them out, but my work schedule and season conditions just wont allow it. I considered taking the bindings off and polishing the surface to a mirror finish and restore them to full brilliance, but...

I've only got $250 in them so that's what i'll ask, plus shipping. The skis have a few spots where they have been a bit banged up, but nothing that a good sidewall cutter, and p-tex cant restore. Ride them, Hug them, or hang them on your Bar Room Wall! Somebody is going to LOVE these!

The have storage wax on the bases and very desirable High DIN Salomon 917's on them, beside all of this they have riser plates as well. I'm not a skier but this setup looks filthy rich! Sidecut radius is 12m and they are meant for carving.

post-2102-0-24493500-1454780477_thumb.jp

post-2102-0-41903000-1454780498_thumb.jp

post-2102-0-26006200-1454780515_thumb.jp

post-2102-0-09355800-1454780530_thumb.jp

post-2102-0-26704800-1454780545_thumb.jp

post-2102-0-45486600-1454780562_thumb.jp

I did a flex test on the skis at the request of Boris. The skis are silent when flexed aggressively. All I hear is a tiny squeak out of the bindings.

Also, in regards to the discoloration, that is the clear coat. Since some of it has been scratched, the titanal has been exposed to the air and then does it's "thing." What do they call it? Oxidation? Honestly, its not bad, especially when you put the ski in your hand. If someone were to pull the bindings off and give the topsheet a good grooming and new clear coat, they would shine up like new.

Personally, I'd be more concerned about cleaning up the sidewalls and giving the edges a good tune. All this handling of these skis makes me want to ride them!