Note to New Members ×

MES 2016

trent

hey all, 

i know, short notice and all that.... and a lame post without picts or video.

time to get together and ride!

weds 1/27/16

afton alps

9:30-?

the regular sugar overload will be provided, as well as any heckling i think you deserve!  :1luvu:

see you there!

-trent

Step 1: get slalom skis

^^This^^

Talk to Bob Dodds. He has a VAST assortment of carving skis.....

I has a set of Rossi GS boards (18M) if you want to carve like that going mach 2 (not really). They hook up like nothing I have ever skied, I can't imagine what the short radius slalom skis would be like. They have a plate, so they would be easy to mount up.

^^This^^

Talk to Bob Dodds. He has a VAST assortment of carving skis.....

I has a set of Rossi GS boards (18M) if you want to carve like that going mach 2 (not really). They hook up like nothing I have ever skied, I can't imagine what the short radius slalom skis would be like. They have a plate, so they would be easy to mount up.

are these carving skis?

Sorry to show up late to the thread.

Will try to save space by replying to everything all at once...

Yes!! Can't wait to ride with you all on Wed.

Wonderful news that #7 is back on the docket for hit-abale terrain. We have USASA alpine race at Afton on Sunday, and will be great fun to get a preview and race at a new location.

SES/ATC is out for me as well..

(Next year..)

Re: Skis..was just thinking my 177 skis have more of a GS shape and my ski boots are sloppy-huge. Anyone want to trade gear?

Sun Feb 21st I am planning to make a day trip somewhere..Spirit?, Mt Kato? Don't know yet, but you are invited.

I'll bring my skis... we can have a ski party after. I'd let you guys try my slalom skis but there is no way you will fit into my tiny feet bindings. I wish they made all mountain skis with smaller radiuses. They would be more functional at the tiny hills around here. Funny I feel this way with skis but not about my GS board, that works fine here, maybe I just need to learn to ski better...

i apologize for the potato quality. extreme hard to shoot in flat light with limited zoom.  i got a lot of crappy out of focus pictures. first round of pictures i took at 1/1000 and they were all white. glad i switched to auto.

for next time...i think what makes for great photos are the following:

1. a better photographer than me.
  2. sun, sun, and more sun.
  3. having trees in the background. wish we had a banner or something in the background. that would be cool.
  4. carve across the fall line towards the photographer. too many people where zipping past too fast.
  5. get aggressive. fall down in front of photographer. i don't see why this is a difficult request. c'mon... if i can do it... i can even do it without trent aiming his camera.
  6. come close to the photographer... about 10 - 20 ft. 
  7. bright colored clothing.
  8. high on edge to display the bottom of board. this is mandatory.
  9. cheezy pointing at photographer or thumbs up are always expected and appreciated..  :biggthump
  10. ... but no tongue wagging.  :nono:

i hope trent has better pictures. he's got more than 1K to sift through.

post-556-0-10989700-1453984139_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-27110000-1453984150_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-13078100-1453984165_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-06100500-1453984183_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-75746900-1453984205_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-42942600-1453984227_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-29863500-1453984243_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-64718900-1453984258_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-68132900-1453984275_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-64710600-1453984293_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-72438900-1453984323_thumb.jpg

thanks for the fun day everyone! 

it's going to take me a few days to get some picts posted. i took 1100+! i quickly went through them, and it's down to 600. sheesh, i've got to get A LOT better at shooting; the "spray-and-pray" method is filling my hard drive. ;-)  plus, i don't know if mine will be much better than bob's. the light really sucked! i think i'll try to find the best few shots, and get those posted. maybe i'll load the rest on picasa or somewhere so if you're inclined, you can look at all of them.

anyways, thanks for coming out to play! always more fun to make turns with other carvers. :1luvu:

-trent