Note to New Members ×

patmoore

After spending a few months Down Under it's good to get back on the snow.  I'm going from sunburn to quad burn.  My arthritic knees and I turn 70 later this year and I plan to keep on carving as long as I can.

Yesterday I was fooling around with my new GoPro.  Click on the image to watch the video.

2rc8k5g.jpg

• Like 2

It's Okemo in southern VT.  We've actually had pretty good conditions here recently.  I was the forerunner for a high school snowboard race last Thursday and had a time of 44.71.  The fastest of the 94 kids ran it in 48 something.  That made this 69 year old feel pretty good!  I'm forerunning another HS race tomorrow  

I raced on my skis at our local Inkeepers Race yesterday and took 14th overall out of 70 in all age groups.  It's early in the season but it's going well so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The DeShaker option on Youtube doesn't seem to really do anything so I haven't used it.

The mount was just the self adhesive one that comes with the GoPro.  I don't recommend it as I've had two come off in the cold.  I did see where someone had countersunk a mount into the tip of a ski but that's kind of extreme.

Here's an earlier effort on skis,  Click on the image to watch the video.

2uh4k6g.jpg