Note to New Members ×

Best day ever?

slopestar

It wasn't a pow day. It wasn't hero corduroy. It was a day on the bunny slope with my son and daughter. Just had to share. They put up with me as their teacher for the last few seasons. My daughter broke her back last December slipping and falling in an icy parking lot. My stubborn son did it his way and we all were just lapping each other. Pure bliss.

• Like 2

I've been priming my 6-y.o. daughter all summer long with stories about skiing.  She's pumped, I'm pumped.  I need to get out on the skis for a bit to refresh my snowplow game before venturing out with her.  Now we just need the local ski hills to open!  Maybe after Christmas.  

I suspect this first day is going to be a lot of work...  But, so worth it!  We tried a pro lesson last year but it was just a bad day from the moment she got out of bed.  

It's a tough time for sure. Balancing fun with form and function. Clothing, potty breaks, sniffles, instruction.... It was a monumental task especially with two kids all by myself. I've had help the last two seasons and our future looks amazing. Mammoth over New Years should be a blast since everyone can load/offload by themselves! Next season we will have left So Cal for South Denver. Littleton/Centennial area. Leaving the rat race to sit on I70 with everyone else!

You will see how great it really is when your 20 yr old daughter wants a season pass or when on a spur of the moment she goes further north because the mountain she drove to is closed due to no snow or how she camps on the college ski trip line so she gets a spot on the bus in the morning or when your 17 yr old daughter sees you eyeing an untracked line and jumps in front of you.

You will see how good it feels that you gave them the same thing that you have or in my case the same thing that my father gave me.

• Like 2

It wasn't a pow day. It wasn't hero corduroy. It was a day on the bunny slope with my son and daughter. Just had to share. They put up with me as their teacher for the last few seasons. My daughter broke her back last December slipping and falling in an icy parking lot. My stubborn son did it his way and we all were just lapping each other. Pure bliss.

Sweet!!  Thanks for sharing !!   Love seeing the mini rippers!!

Slopestar: good on you. Enjoy your time with your pups. Magical and memorial.

My first grand-daughter is almost 3 and can push a skateboard by herself. She rides bowls with her dad holding her on the board. I hope that she adapts to snow and bindings as she ages. I'd sure like to ride with her as she matures and is influenced by her father and carving. That would make 3 generations of carving for our family. 

Mark

• Like 1