Note to New Members ×

Asymmetrical Boards

Guest Hugh 0ne

if Batman still uses a phone with a cord i' m sure he still uses an Asymmetrical snowboard

Good one!!

The Bat-Board was symetrical, however it had a tip shaped like the front of the bat mobile.

It was made by Plenk or something like that. It was in NZ. I think I have a photo of it somewhere.

I bet that Donek would make you an asym board as he is doing custom boards and i think he isn't charging too much more to do so.Make fun of asyms if you want but I have ridden them a lot years ago. Had a Kemper apex 160 and a Mistral 159 and a hooger booger 164. Rode them all mountain. Rode the Mistral in bumps at snowmass back in the day. I shattered a rear snowpro vario p3 binding at Powderhorn on a cold Janurary day and wrecked hard. Had to go to the Chiro years later to fix my neck that was locking up. I think my mistral is pictured at the carvers almanac site as a board that was t nutted and was noted as a board that was severly altered so that I could use CAT bindings on it. The hooger and the mistral are hanging up at Bomber so that people can see the old gear.Last season I rode a Virus 186 GS asym that Bola brought up for us to demo.Fun ride but I doubt I would buy it.Current production of course. I also demoed a Hot logical and a Burton pj7. Wanted to buy the Hot at the time but didn't have the money. BSR snowboard shop in Glenwood Springs CO used to sell alpine boards and had boards to demo and the owner was an avid plate rider and his wife rode too. I don't know if they are still doing this?I think Bola still has that Virus in the shop for sale.

• 1 month later...