Note to New Members ×

Mt. Hood Meadows 2015-2016

Keenan

Sorry to hear that Ed!  SO glad SS is back up and running,  made several laps today in a foot of new.  Best powder day I have had in at least a couple years.   3rd chair , rode till 1PM and could have milked a couple more powder runs over at ER.   Busy but not crazy, most of the chairs had short if any line.   Drive up this morning was semi hair ball and traffic was pretty heavy and backed up in Portland by 2PM.  Tired but happy camper after two days of freshies!!  Merry Christmas everyone!!

Short video, 3rd run on SS decided to duck into Columbia to see if it still had a few lines left.  

• Like 1

Didn't your mother tell you it's not polite to gloat. Snow ice pellets and rain on the way tonite. Perhaps the base for this seasons start in Ontario. Send us another picture later that is right side up so my alcohol soaked skull can take it all in !  Have a good day !

It would only be gloating if I posted this in YOUR home ride board :)

post-158-0-75898100-1451375322_thumb.jpgpost-158-0-50230600-1451375331_thumb.jpgpost-158-0-88252200-1451375343_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Disturbing news from Hood River - we need to keep our eyes open out there at the trailhead / on the mountain. It makes me sick to think about this. I'd really like to believe that our winter sports exist in a clean little bubble apart from our screwed-up society -- this is a reminder that's not the case. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/12/blood_in_the_snow_hood_river_o.html#incart_2box

Edited by Dan

Disturbing news from Hood River - we need to keep our eyes open out there at the trailhead / on the mountain. It makes me sick to think about this. I'd really like to believe that our winter sports exist in a clean little bubble apart from our screwed-up society -- this is a reminder that's not the case. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/12/blood_in_the_snow_hood_river_o.html#incart_2box

Dan, I think the news is worse than I could have imagined.  Reports are coming in that it was Michael Hildreth who killed his wife Wendy.   Horrible,  and very , very hard to believe. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/12/hood_river_homicide_investigat.html#incart_2box

Wendy Hildreth, 48, died of blunt force trauma, according to autopsy results released Tuesday. Her husband, 58-year-old Michael Hildreth, was found dead of an apparent suicide, Hood River County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Pete Hughes said in a news release.

Definitely best carving I have had this year and probably better than anything last season saw.   Grippy, chalky surface fairly well groomed by MHM standards.  Cold temps have kept it in great shape despite the traffic.   I probably would not have gone on a holiday week Friday , however with a potential carving devote in the cards and his suggesting it would be a good day I went for it.  I was surprised how early and heavy the parking lot filled, however , once on the hill it was not too bad at all!!.  This is with both Vista and Cascade closed due to high winds.   It was indeed windy and cold but SO worth it!! Thanks Chris for getting me up there yesterday!! 

https://meadowsactionphotos.smugmug.com/Daily-galleries-201516/Fri-jan-1st-shooting-star/i-7NJJgXs/A

post-158-0-60261600-1451766130_thumb.jpg

010616  Promises of clearing but it stayed very flat light while I was there.    They did get a good 5" yesterday and the snow is still excellent.   Soft groomer day.  Thursday should be sweet carving!!   I have a bunch of Go Pro helmet video but it is such flat light it isn't worth much.  

Roads were good up to White River ,  there it was packed snow and ice but rocked pretty good.   Parking lot was only half full as I left , never a wait at any chair.  Heather open from the top with yesterdays snow untracked but wind effected.    Back to more normal after the Holidays!!  Hoping it is sunny Thursday. 

Bryan 

currently planning to go up sunday.  weather shows sun with some clouds but snow the previous day.  how should i divine this?  will they groom? should it be decent?  i will have room in my car if anyone is interested..

They will groom, check the grooming list on the site.   Probably be soft groomer day.   It has been really good!!