Note to New Members ×

BX / Softboot riser systems?

tex1230

Tex1230,

I have not used the Donek risers, but I would assume that they are better than the Palmer risers based on how they are built. I have used the Palmer's, Burton riser and the Bomber Power Plates and there is no doubt in my mind that they Bomber's are the best of the group. Having the ability to put cant and toe or heel lift, plus the simplicity of the system compared to the Catek Freerides fits my needs completely.

But, the binding plate is rather heavy and it would be cool if Fin or Sean (Donek) could build a carbon plate, using all of the wonderful knowledge they have learned from the hardboot plates, to replace the milled aluminum plates that are currently on the Power Plates, or as Slopestar metnioned, just finish building the rest of the binding by making a toe strap and heel cup assembly for the current plates.

cheers and pray for snow,

sandy

Edited by svr

I'vve been looking at the Donek and Bomber risers, and I've used Palmer PLS in the past - has anyone ridden all of them and can you give some comparison?

I haven't ridden the Bomber risers, but have ridden the other two. The Palmers didn't seem to do much but add height, which was the whole point. The hardware felt like the weak link. The Bombers add height, but leverage as well, and some dampening. They're quite nice. My guess is that the Doneks may be more like the Palmers than the Bombers.

But, the binding plate is rather heavy and it would be cool if Fin or Sean (Donek) could build a carbon plate, using all of the wonderful knowledge they have learned from the hardboot plates, to replace the milled aluminum plates that are currently on the Power Plates, or as Slopestar metnioned, just finish building the rest of the binding by making a toe strap and heel cup assembly for the current plates.

+1 (or 1,000 or more) on this one. I've got the Power Plates on my Glissade 195 and really like them. The only thing keeping me from putting them on my Hazelwood is the weight. I'm not sure what the total tonnage is dangling from my foot on the chairlift with that setup, but adding the Power Plates feels like it might be the straw that pulls the camel's lower leg off at the knee. If I were handy with machining, an adapter that allows connecting Catek FR2 uppers with Bomber lowers would be at the top of the list. Alas, that project would probably be the straw that disconnected the camel's fingers from his hand. I'd settle for a Bomber soft binding...

If you will mix metaphors, maybe stir more vigorously. :)

Confound you, Beckmann AG! I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for your meddling! Ah, but even you can't possibly deal fully with the scope and breathtakingness of my idiocy. Whenever there's a metaphor to be mixed, I'll be there. A participle to be dangled? I'll be there! You can't stop it all!

By the way, I wouldn't suggest anyone Google "camel foot anatomy." For some reason, it comes up with all these swimwear images? Not so useful, that.

Plenty perceive pendulous participles as piñatas; swing seeking secreted Scooby Snacks. 

Ah, but even you can't possibly deal fully with the scope and breathtakingness of my idiocy.

Lordmetroland, I've served with idiots. I've known idiots. I consider some idiots friends of mine. Lordmetroland, you're no idiot.

• Like 1

Lordmetroland, I've served with idiots. I've known idiots. I consider some idiots friends of mine. Lordmetroland, you're no idiot.

Sweet! I'm going to print and laminate this testimonial and use it with my wife like a Get Out Of Jail Free card. Thank you, thank you!

• Like 1