Note to New Members ×

Shipping From Australia

Boarder_Ted

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience getting things from Down Under. I have been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for a pair of boots that were supposedly shipped at the beginning of the month. And the seller is not responding to inquiries. He is a bomber member and I'm not about to start badmouthing anyone at this point but it is frustration. I have no idea what shipping method was used so maybe something really, really slow? Dunno.

Any help with transit times?

Thanks in advance,

Ted

I'm getting stuff from US to Kazakshtan. 

Typically it takes about 3 weeks-1month if you ship it with ''cheaper" carrier. I've waited about 3 weeks to get a part for my UPZ boot from Austira. 

It can take even longer, because of postage/customs/etc delay. 

I'm not in NZ, but in a country that pretty far away from US as Australia. Just keep patience :) 

Thanks again for the replies, although I still fail to understand why it takes so long. I have had car parts shipped from Japan, motorcycle parts from England, and crap from China and it is all here in a  matter of days.  And there is still the matter of the seller ignoring messages asking about the shipping method. So I guess I'm just a little frustrated. 

But I will take everyone's advice a chill for a bit longer. Sigh....not my strong suit. 

• 2 weeks later...

To keep everyone here up to date: I still have no boots and it's now been 6 weeks. I think what bothers me most is that there has been no communication from the seller. I have 2 email addresses for him and I have tried both. He seems to have no interest at all in getting in touch with me and I have been patient and cordial. 

The other thing that bothers me is that I have little recourse. The seller asked that I Paypal as a gift and I obliged. I know a lot of people her do that and I have certainly done it myself. The members here are fairly trustworthy and I have never had a bad transaction on this site. I won't be paying as a "gift" again, however. It leave me no way to get my money back from Paypal since I essentially tried to defraud them by not paying the fees. 

I may still see the boots. Who knows. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing because the seller will not get in touch. Grrrr!

6 weeks is getting up there, but we don't know the whole story. I think it's time to post the username. BOL is a fairly tight community, maybe someone knows him/her and can find out what's going on.

I know that stuff I order from China takes about a month in shipping. That would mean that if they shipped it two weeks late it could show up any day. Two weeks isn't that unreasonable a delay if someone had a personal crisis.

There should be no shame/harm in posting the username. You're clearly not out to smear the person. It's been 6 weeks; it's not like you're freaking out 2 days after making payment or something. If it turns out to be something minor/unfortunate, someone can help them ship the stuff. If not, at least your experience can keep someone else from being scammed.

Corey, you're right in that BOL is a fairly tight community. That's why I felt secure in sending Paypal as a gift. I have dealt with many folks here, both buying and selling, and every transaction has gone smoothly. And like I have said, the boots may still show up. I find it hard to believe that a long-standing Bomber member is out to screw anyone. I just don't get the absolute lack of communication. If there has been an illness or accident, I feel bad. I just don't know.

And you're right that I am not shaming anyone in giving his name. I have held off because I don't want it to influence anyone dealing with him in the future however, if this is indicative of his behavior, perhaps people should know? So, having said that, if anyone knows Dan Sanders, AKA Purpletiesto, please tell him to get in touch with me.

Edited by Boarder_Ted

Looks like he has be inactive since March 20 

Yes, I know but the transaction happened almost a month before that and I tried to email him prior to the 20th but got no reply. 

And Corey, just be clear, he said he had mailed them. He said he'd take pics when he boxed them and send them to me so I knew he had mailed them but that never happened. He said he didn't get to it but had boxed them and shipped. 

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the efforts but I have an email address. I have two, in fact and have tried them both countless times. Unfortunately I do not have a physical address or a phone number. Does anyone here know him personally? I can only imagine something has happened to him or he is out of the country or something!

• 2 weeks later...

No, not a word from him nor do I have any boots. I had Fin send an email and throw his muscle around to no avail. I mean, c'mon...who ignores Fin?!  ;-) 

Has anyone ever tried to contact Paypal and just fess up that they sent money for goods and paid as a gift? Paypal must know that people do that, right? I just wonder if they would cooperate or just say, "screw you. You tried to screw us out of money so you're on your own".