Note to New Members ×

Recommendation on soft boots and bindings for POW

piusthedrcarve

I use my hardboots just swap in softer liners and loosen up the springs for a more loosey goosey flex. Agree with BlueB, the right board is more important... or boards. You don't even need to go into fish territory, a wider stiffer all-moutain freecarver will work fine.

Anything really. .. Noboard guys do not use any bindings, while many people here use hard boots. It really boils down to personal preference. However, the choice of board can make huge difference.

Gotta second this. For years my backcountry setup was an Aggression 175 with no frills Sims spongy, mid-back bindings and Burton Comp boots that were considered stiff at the time, but way squishier than even an entry level, modern freestyle boot. I'd still take that setup into the powder today, but I'd rather go with a modern Donek 200 and stiff bindings and boots. With powder the margin for error is so much greater that it seems the boot/binding combo is much less important than the board. All of my powder riding has been in CO, so way west conditions may drive different decisions.

Thank you all for recommendation.

I also ride hardboots for fluffy stuff and like it a lot.

He tried my hardboot pow friendly decks (pow stick. Osin 4807, 3800) and Abacus and preferred Abacus like. So i am thinking split Rossignol XV Magtek or K2 Panoramic and soft flex, good traction boots, for backcountry riding.