Note to New Members ×

Splitboard backcountry gear and settings

nils

Here are ome pictures of the mods i did on my AT boots.

Those TLT 5 performance (carbon cuff) are'nt tipycally the ones used splitboard or to mod.

People generally find them too stiff on the cuff and they actually are...but I already had them for some "on the runs" ski touring use, so that's why i used that model.

The first mod i did was with the forward flex plate. I milled the hole for more forward flex on both feet but more on the back foot. (I'm regular)

As that boot has already some good forward leaning in lock mode out of the box, i also milled the front plate for more backward leaning with the front leg :

post-4537-0-51541500-1462454669_thumb.jp

As the height of the front cuff was quite painful and disturbing either with the standing position in lock mode and for the backside turn initiation, i also cut the top of the cuff around the calf area. A bit scary as it's a no coming back work but  very happy with it. it gave less pain on the calf and a more gradual and more fluid change from frontside to backside. Combined with the front plate backward milling, it really make it smoother.

post-4537-0-22566100-1462455105_thumb.jp

Of course, those mods work for me and maybe not for other ones...so beware when modding....go slow and test each time you change anything.... :cool: