Note to New Members ×

Waht's this ?

snowmatic

As much as I'd rather not read about politics on a snowboarding website, as a US citizen without a dog in this fight, I am rather interested to hear more about the embargo and general feelings/ vibe of what's going on over there from people that actually live there.  Even better that we have a Russian to chime in, too.  I just hope this stays civil and doesn't get locked, no matter what direction it takes.  :)

I am very hesitant in mixing politics with snowboarding even though at some levels they do in fact intertwine, but If the mods approve this thread going off topic, then I'm also interested in hearing why Russia does not deserve the blame for invading Ukraine and destabilizing the EU, let alone partly responsible for shooting down a passenger airliner. For now I'm speaking with my wallet and even hope to stop using natural gas in the near future as most is imported from Russia.

Bryan, can we please have all the political comments deleted from here. It was a genuine gear related question. Russia-Ukraine thread can be done in the O/T forum, yet I'm not even sure if the rules allow... 

OES are made in Spain, thus in EU. This improves the economic situation in EU, pays taxes in EU, made to EU standards. The fact that the founder is Russian changes none of the above. 

OP, I was one of the last year testers and still have a pile of boards in my garage. I like them. You'll find something for everyone in their line up. The boards are beefy, so both Medium or Hard flex can work for your weight, depending on how much oomph you wanted. 

BlueB.   I am thinking that perhaps creating a thread in "Off Topic" and transferring the political posts there might be a better solution than deleting posts.   I know in the past the Boss has made it a point to avoid Mods from deleting posts that are not directly in violation of the forum stated rules.  I will attempt that transfer within the next 24 hrs unless I am over-ruled.  Thanks for keeping the forum friendly. Bryan 

• Like 2

Snowmatic, OP wanted the info about boards. Did you give him any info on the spec, how they ride, how to get the demos or buy? However, you made sure that your "answer" has enough political underlay to stir a political discussion and derail what should have been a gear thread. Then, instead of apologizing, or at least keeping quiet, you give us another long write-up "to be clear" which also has nothing to do with OES boards. Again, you made sure to sneak in some snarky remarks, like "Russian riders fearful of American riders...". Give us a break.  

Edited by BlueB