Note to New Members ×

Coiler Nirvana Balance 174

bigwavedave

Coiler Nirvana balance 174       SOLD!  going home to Canada.

Built for me (~185lbs) in March 2013.   Ptex top   scr 12-14   20cm waist.   Likely ideal rider wt range~160-215lbs

condition 9-9.5/10  No dings or scratches, like new, can barely see where bindings were mounted (td3's).

Base never ground (no scratches or base-suck), edges maintained with diamond polishing stone at .5 degree base bevel, and 2 degree side bevel.

Love this board, but wanted something with a little smaller scr and more of a single-side-cut ride. Could only justify the extravagance of a new custom board by selling this and my SG163.  Getting a board that combines the best of both boards. 

post-2809-0-62577300-1419878321_thumb.jp

post-2809-0-49331400-1419878349_thumb.jp

post-2809-0-83755500-1419878357_thumb.jp

Edited by bigwavedave

Ouch....

I don't see anything that's going to make this work as a trade... I either have stuff that's older and only a guy like me would want or the super new that I want to keep...

I'm still interested, Just seeing which clinic will give top dollar for my spare kidney, stand by.

KC

I have not ridden one Neil, they sound super intriguing to me, and its a Coiler!! I like the length, waist width would work fine, SCR seems right up my alley etc...

I generally get my boards built for a 200 lb'r and have always liked how easy they turn. If I end up with this board and it doesn't speak to me I figure I can always turn around and sell it. Its not in my possession yet though....

Thanks for the offer to try yours, reading your comments on it makes me think you're pretty happy with it...

We'll see where it goes.

See you in a couple weeks.

PS BWD, I like the Safari top sheet!!!!. I had the multicolor 185 version back in the day. I betcha the SCR on that thing was about 50 m.

KC

Edited by big canuck

I think Bruce said the Nirvana was kind of an amalgamation of the best features of several of his boards, starting with the all-mountain, to produce a carving board that handles a wide variety of conditions well. Another step in the evolution of his ultimate carver. The Balance is an easy, smooth, fun ride. Seemed ideally suited to the soft, packed powder conditions we had at SES in Aspen, yet as good as most race boards on ice! 

Edited by bigwavedave

This is the board I've been lusting for........

My Stubby has been my go-to ride.

Do you have any interest in a Jasey-Jay Cypress in similar condition?

I haven't been able to make the plate work for me.

I'm not far from you.  I may be able to meet for a test ride