Note to New Members ×

Sims Carve 2 w Lifted Snopros

Ian M

*** Thank you everyone, this rig is SOLD ***

Hi everyone,

I put this rig together two years ago to use as a loaner for friends and newbies, but it hasn't seen much action. Can someone else put it to good use? Included are board, bindings with lift blocks, and a basic Rossignol board bag.

The board is in good condition, and has tons of camber. I've ridden it several times, and it's quite a decent board considering that it's fibreglass. Lots of camber, and the stiffness is suited to people around 160-190lbs for East coast freecarving. West coasters could be lighter, approximately 130-160lbs on groomed powder. Length is 167cm with a 21cm waist. The sidecut is moderate, around 10.5-11m, and if someone is interested I'll take measurements to confirm. There's a bit of rust on the tip edging, but overall the base and board are in good condition. A base grind would make it mint.

The SnoPro Race bindings are pretty straightforward, other than the custom lift blocks that work out to about a 3 degree lift for a size 27 boot. The aluminum, water-jet-cut lifts are removable, and all the original hardware to put 'em back is included.

post-4057-141842418603_thumb.jpg

post-4057-141842418605_thumb.jpg

post-4057-141842418607_thumb.jpg

Would someone like to make a reasonable offer? I'll ship to Canada and continental US.

Cheers!

Ian M :)

Edited by Ian M

Did I get your attention with the water-jet-cut aluminum lift blocks Stephane? ;-)

Sure, I can split these up no problem. One thing to caution you about; I found that the center disk screws on these bindings need to be tightened frequently if you ride them hard. On a loaner board it's not an issue, but I wouldn't recommend using them as a primary binding.

Cheers!

Edited by Ian M

How many days do the snowpros have on them? roughy?

I can't be sure, as I bought them used. They're in pretty good shape... I don't think they've seen a lot of slope time. If you'd like closer pictures, let me know and I'll take them.

Maybe if I throw out a price, you'll get more interested. Something like, $50 including shipping to your side of Canada :)

Cheers!

I can't be sure, as I bought them used. They're in pretty good shape... I don't think they've seen a lot of slope time. If you'd like closer pictures, let me know and I'll take them.

Maybe if I throw out a price, you'll get more interested. Something like, $50 including shipping to your side of Canada :)

Cheers!

i'm down for that. I live in the toronto area.

I can send you by paypal of even email you the money, i think.

give me your email address

I've got the identical setup for sale, so anyone who missed out is welcome to contact me after Ian's sold his. (I'll post my email then.)

Ian, if you'd prefer I delete this let me know and I'll do so.

Re: center disk screws. BlueB suggests wet-mounting the bindings. This worked great for me.

I feel I was first inline. Problems with private messenging stalled the process.

I'll give you $75. Is that board sold ?

mr wright 59 at hot mail dot com close up the spaces add the rest thanks.

Jeremy.

that's cool. fwiw, i had a similar situation a year ago, where the seller here on BOL said that the guy that paid first got the stuff (he paypal'ed the money ahead of me while i waited for some feedback from seller to tell me i was the 'winner'). So i'm not exactly sure what the etiquette is here...

But again its cool. They're yours if you want them.

I've got the identical setup for sale, so anyone who missed out is welcome to contact me after Ian's sold his. (I'll post my email then.)

Ian, if you'd prefer I delete this let me know and I'll do so.

Re: center disk screws. BlueB suggests wet-mounting the bindings. This worked great for me.

same price for the snowpro's?

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in responding. I just sent an email to energyrail, and he has first dibs on the goods.

Missionman, your enthusiasm is appreciated, but we usually do first-come-first-served here on the forum. Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Teach, thanks for offering your setup here also, no problem whatsoever.

Thanks everyone, and have a great Wednesday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Missionman, if you're still interested, you can email me at my gmail address: teach dot bol. I'd take $75 for the snowpros, $75 for the board, plus shipping --- I'm in the USA so shipping might be $50-60 via USPS for both, maybe $20 for bindings only.