Note to New Members ×

bomber power plates installed n ready to ride

boidy77

no idea what uni-cants are lol :) would love to know so pls tell.

the bomber plate set up include a 0, 3 or 6 degree cant, i chose 3 in front n bavk but after riding will order a 0 for front as front knee felt a little weird.

one issue i did hit which ive never encountered previously which u might be able to offer some advice if u are familiar with the burton hard boot binding. its never happened to me previously but twice my boot came out of the front binding. after the first time i moved the front component up one set of screws so it was much tighter and it was fine for a few hrs riding then on the same run a few hours later bam boot comes out of front binding. ive thought abput it since

and the best i can come up with is a couple options why, one was i bought some bindings spare parts from an online supplier (not this website) and when looking at them now they look slightly different in shape to the old original sets which i have 3. the onther thought is maybe when carving toe side the snow has clipped the binding undone which i dont really believe as again have never had this happen before. plan is to change the binding part back to the original part and see if it makes any difference. fark who knows but it wasnt cool when my boot came out! haha

Yes, that is NOT good!! Need to find a way to prevent that from happening.

Photos of the set up please.

Burton Vari-Cants are adjustable cants , two plastic black disks with a metal hub. They are good in they allow you to go from 3D to 4x4 or any combo there of.

The drawbacks are they are added weight and there is a very small amount of play in the pivot piece. Bomber Power plates are burly and very well made.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

post-12475-141842417884_thumb.jpg dont knlw if this will work as doing it from tablet so if photos dont upload ill do it from my work tomox.

i dont think there is anything wrong with the plate set up cause it was fine for a heap of runs, logic says it is the binding part i changed' ill try send a photo of the different rear part i changed as it def looks different in shape. again appreciate your info n input as its an interesting issue

post-12475-141842417881_thumb.jpg

beckmann -this is my thought process.

west carven - no issues with td3s ( different brand of binding?) just have always used the burton style race bindings (now carve company) and have some on old boards which i want to transfer across as i update boards.

post-12475-141842417901_thumb.jpg

photos of boots attached apline girl. realise there is some overhang and i can jack up the angles. do you think that heel/ toe drag could cause the binding clip to unclip? ive ridden on and off for years and never had it previous, i also happened both times on the front binding only which has less overhang.

post-12475-141842417893_thumb.jpg

post-12475-141842417897_thumb.jpg

Edited by boidy77

just a quick thanks again! appreciate your input and knowledge as im no expert :)

here is a pic of my more "carving orinentated" board. its a pure boarding bastard 169. same size as ns raptor. never had the binding release on this board. post-12475-141842417904_thumb.jpg

Edited by boidy77
tried to rotate pic but ran out of talent

then I grew jealous of your bastard....

all suppositions:

Beckmann brought up a great point about the height of the bail. you may have over tightened your bindings in an effort to compensate for this slop. this can affect the angle at which the toe bail closes over the boot, as can the adjustment on the underside of the toe clip. it may be sitting a bit proud.

other potential issue. there is the possibility that the shape of the new heel bail is causing it to not fully sit in place. if the heel of your boot is a bit wider than the sides of the bail, this may be happening.

continue exploring. and please stay safe. thank you for the pictures. next I'd like some pics of you riding ;)

toe and heel drag doesn't often cause binding release. not ruling that out completely, but I doubt that that is the cause at this time.

bobd - thats an interesting point. it was a warm day 6degrees celcius (48f). do u know if deluxe boots are a stronger plastic? guessing burton dont mske hard boots anymore.

snowboardfast - love the bastard. one of the reasons i bought it is cause of the width. i have a large foot (13) and dont want to ride too high angles. i ride currently approx 48 degrees in front n 45 in back to avoud any drag. in a perfect world the board would be another couple of cm wider but as a off the shelf board its great. im also a tall fella at 6ft 7in and weight about 230lbs and it supports me. thinking about either buying another one or get a custom from donek, depends on $.

so ive had a think about binding issue and figure im going to replace the rear bail back to the one i replaced. ill test ride

sorry buggered it up, was saying i think ill either replace the bail back to the original or just get rid of the bindings and replace with a new set to be sure.

one other question completely non related. would you be allowed to fly a drone above a ski slope in the usa or would you get busted?

thank you for Bastard info. I still think it might feel too wide for me as I only ride a 26 boot.Iwould not fly a drone at a usa ski slope as there might be restrictions on that now? if the FAA gets its way with the rules it is proposing all r/c flight will be regulated and aircraft will have to go through FAA inspection. of course this will require a fee for each inspection and every pilot will have to buy a flight license as well. I would imagine this will be expensive and complicated which will force me to quit flying r/c airplanes. If you are flying fpv it might be a real big problem? I think it is a felony to fly fpv without a commercial license? I am not fully informed about this ? Damn US government. you might ask Sean about custom boards as he can do whatever you want?

yeah have started speaking with him n just evaluating cost of custom vs another bastard. i think a good thing with a wide board is u can always drop the angles back if u just wanna cruise round.

i just bought this drone and u can set a flight path for it to take. was thinking it would be great to set a flight path down the mountain and have it follow and film as i ride, would be a cool perspective but i guess as you say the fun police dont want to allow too much fun haha

I think at Copper mountain a couple of years ago a snowboard race team did film their training runs with a drone. this was early in the morning before the ski area was open to the public and the drone was flown by someone who was not skiing or snowboarding. I would guess that they had special permission to do this along with special permission to train early.

u raise a very valid and logical view riky. it is probably the smartest n safest option. only reason to keep them is to save $ $. the boot came out twice n i got away without injury both times. maybe i should just cut my losses, bin the bindigs and buy a new set. my safety is worth more than a set of bindings......

Is the toe clip going over-center when clipped? It should. By that I mean it should take some resistance to get moving, and then snap down against the boot with authority. Think of the sound of someone doing up stiff ski boot buckles. Then, it should take some effort to unclip as well. If there's no snap at the end, the boot only needs to flex a bit before it pops open.

Lots of people love the Burton/Ibex/Carve Co. bindings. They work and are more flexible than the aluminum options. I've got multiple pairs of Bomber bindings, and I'm happy with them too. ;)