Note to New Members ×

Bought a new toy for Summer

C5 Golfer

thought I'd share a picture of the new family member. She is 9 months old and had 2k miles when I bought her in Milwaukee. Flew out last Sunday to drive it home to Seattle and now is safely in the garage. What a wonderful job Chevrolet did on this 2013 60th anniversary model Grand Sport. 436 Hp and 6 speed manual tranny. Holly Crap is what you say when I step on the pedal in 2nd gear. :-)

post-53-141842416777_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842417098_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842417101_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!

I haven't had the pleasure of driving a C6 yet. A few C4s & C5s, one C3, and one C7. If it's an evolutionary step between the C5 and the C7, that's going to be a very fun car! I'm even impressed at the highway fuel economy. On a few of our club road trips, I've noticed that my Honda S2000 uses 15-20% more gas than the Vette guys to go the same distance. That's disturbing!

BTW: I now lust after a C7. Man, that's a heck of a car! I had trouble forming sentences while instructing and driving! And yet it hides it's weight very well in transitions. GM really nailed the last two generations of the Corvette!

Corey - I was planning on buying a C7 -- went to drive one after driving a C6 GrandSport -- decided a C6 Grandsport was better for me due to a lot of less leg room in the new C7. the Console is so wide that my long legs were cramped to close to the steering wheel. And then I compared the view out the back window when driving -- the C7 has a nasty blind spot due to the very small back window. Plus I am not a fan of the use of Camaro tailights on a Corvette. :-) - some guys like them - I dont.

I don't like the C7 tail lights either, but I can't see them from the driver's seat. :) Haha, I never reversed the C7 or even looked backwards from inside! That reduction in visibility is a disappointing trend in many cars, but maybe GM wanted it to be like other supercars?

That C6 interior does look like a big step up from the C5s! Ok, I really want to try one of those too now... (I'm not buying a new car, I'm not buying a new car, I'm not buying a new car.) Thankfully I just had an awesome day at autocross in my S2000, so I'll keep it a while longer. :)

Have fun in that monster, Al!

For several years I wondered how anyone could like a Citroen C5 enough to put it in a handle. I thought that it probably was not a Sinclair C5 as those probably never made it out I'm my country. Now I know.

Funny -- similar note - someone asked me years ago why I was into Explosives.. I said " Huh?" he said back - " C5 Handle" -- I replied - " I think that is C4"

I don't like the C7 tail lights either, but I can't see them from the driver's seat. :) Haha, I never reversed the C7 or even looked backwards from inside! That reduction in visibility is a disappointing trend in many cars, but maybe GM wanted it to be like other supercars?

That C6 interior does look like a big step up from the C5s! Ok, I really want to try one of those too now... (I'm not buying a new car, I'm not buying a new car, I'm not buying a new car.) Thankfully I just had an awesome day at autocross in my S2000, so I'll keep it a while longer. :)

Have fun in that monster, Al!

Get out an drive one someday -- if you can find one try the GrandSport with a 6 Speed manual tranny, - The Grandsport handles like no car I have ever driven. And you are right about the interior upgrade from C5 to C6 -- pretty nice job Chevy did with all that plus it is so much quieter than my C5 was.

One thing I am finding out -- keeping the black Corvette clean and shiney is like having a high maintence girlfriend. :-0