Note to New Members ×

Axer 176

slopestar

Found some more information. Similar dimensions to swoard. Made for korean market by Monson. Turns out, more are available. I will post a review after I ride it on May 16-18 at Mammoth.

Edited by slopestar

I ride it on May 16-18 at Mammoth.
Good luck with that idea. Snow is melting a front of my eyes. This is my last weekend and I will not stay till Monday. It is bad. 93 F at Bishop at 5:30pm.Tioga pass is already open.

Apparently it is much less "turny" than swoard, likes to go straight (apparently it has a love affair with fences) so one needs to maximize inclination. Koreans, on their video, don't seem to utilize "push-pull" movement much, focusing on rotational movement. Grip should be ok, if it can be used in blimming icy Korean ski fields....

So... Even more style/technique oriented than swoard.

Edited by leeho730

Hi I got the info from their website: www.excarving.com

It's written in Korean though. Also another thing is that the board doesn't seem to perform as good as swoard on soft snow but better than swoard on icy snow. Stiffer flex than Swoard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by leeho730

Videos

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WeczuojNBa0?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WeczuojNBa0?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1T0swnh66bc?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/1T0swnh66bc?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

It arrived. Build and layup are not bad. Sadly, it was butchered by the base and edge grind. Working out details with the builder to make it right. I would need two of them to make it worth while. 9* edge bevel that was done solely by hand so the sidewall and edge look like magnatraction. Wavy gravy... I will have to remove most of the edge to get it to 3* if I'm lucky. Base has similar issues with high and low spots from tip to tail. Save your money... Flex feels good and build is ok. I have not decided if I'm sending it back for refund or if builder will ship me another one.

Very accommodating seller/manufacturer. 1st attempt at building something so big and carve specific. It's not over and I am really looking forward to actually riding it. I'll post some pics tomorrow night when I get home. 175 shipped...

So, manufacturer gave me options. He is sending me a second board. Not sure if he is going to try to tune it first or if that will be left up to me to get it into shape. I could have returned it for full refund. Either way, I'm disappointed that the finishing was sub par on these boards but I am happy that I will get to try them and perhaps share them as well. I think these guys would do best producing something more BX oriented. Smaller size to fit their manufacturing model but at a fair price. Review to follow with pictures and video after next weekend.

I won one of those on ebay for $50.00 plus $32.66 for shipping and they sent me a message asking if I wanted to buy more, apparently they have about 30 they need to sell and this is what they said

You can use coupon code ebayaxer at americangearcompany.com for the same deal if you wish.

I am in no way affiliated with them but if you want to get the same deal feel free to try and see if the coupon works, even if you just need a rock board or a loaner you really can't beat that deal $82.66 shipped

axer-tail-radius-profile-view.jpg

Joint in the edge just bforward of the contact point?!? :( Not good news...

axer-tip-radius-profile-view.jpg

Old school nose is going to plow a bit...

Still tempting price... But too wide at the alleged stiffness and long scr, for my taste. I'll pass.

Hi Lance, I received the board today and I am looking at it right now, looks good to me, the base looks flat and smooth ( no funky grind spots) the edges are sharp and straight (no accidental magnetraction to be seen) the top doesn't have a scratch on it, it looks like a brand new board with no visible defects and it came with a sealed plastic sleeve, I won't be able to try it until next season.

Is it possible that the first one you got was a demo or a prototype or just some kind of mistake? did you already get the second board and does it look as bad as the first one or does it look like a new board should look?

not sure if they come in different stiffness but the one i got feels pretty stiff overall and just slightly softer at the nose (probably because it's thinner at the nose) I don't know how well they ride but I am getting another one just because it's so cheap, it will be good as a loaner or rock board and if it turns out to be good and fun even better, for $82.66 shipped you can maybe get a used and beat up 20 years old snowboard, just saying

I did get the second one and it looks better but still a bit wavy on the grind and on the edges. Looks like there was a little more care taken in this one. Im in at $87.50 each and for that kind of money, I am alright. I did not get a chance to ride it so next season will have to wait I guess. Had a fun time though on the Donek in hardboots. Also got new footbeds and liners cooked. The feel so much better. Donek is a hardboot only board now...

Until next season...

Waiting anxiously for the Donek demo sale!!!!

I won one of those on ebay for $50.00 plus $32.66 for shipping and they sent me a message asking if I wanted to buy more, apparently they have about 30 they need to sell and this is what they said

You can use coupon code ebayaxer at americangearcompany.com for the same deal if you wish.

I am in no way affiliated with them but if you want to get the same deal feel free to try and see if the coupon works, even if you just need a rock board or a loaner you really can't beat that deal $82.66 shipped

Just tried the code, it said it has expired. No worries either way.