Note to New Members ×

UPZ Boots heel issue

coyoteposse

So I got a new pair of RC 8's, and trying to dial them in but I have a huge problem under my ankle on my right foot. It seems like the shell is digging the liner into that area. The left foot is ok. But I have done everything I can think of. Adjusted the can't, put in footbeds. Is it possible the shell has a defect? Am I going to have to get thermoliners?

So I got a new pair of RC 8's, and trying to dial them in but I have a huge problem under my ankle on my right foot. It seems like the shell is digging the liner into that area. The left foot is ok. But I have done everything I can think of. Adjusted the can't, put in footbeds. Is it possible the shell has a defect? Am I going to have to get thermoliners?

Are you using the stock liner?? I've heard a handful of people claim that they like the stock liner (which usually makes me wonder if their boots are too big). If you are in the stock liners I would throw them out and replace them with a pair of thermoflex liners. I am a fan of the Dalbello ID liners, they come in various stiffnesses.

Pull the liner and see. Maybe something is folded wrong.

You may have a pressure point that you need to get punched out on the shell to accommodate your feet. That's pretty normal for ski or snowboard hardboots as we all have different feet/ankles to some degree.

Not sure what you mean by "under my ankle" but:

1) Are you using a footbed on top of the footbeds that come in the boots? That could place your ankle too high.

2) You may need lower-profile footbeds.

3) The Flo liners have a serious heel pocket that has to form to your ankle/heel area. It's pretty tight at first, but for me fits great after a few days.

4) Also make sure the forward lean mechanism isn't misplaced -- it protrudes into the shell but should lie flat.

5) How does your foot fit in the bare shell?