Note to New Members ×

Best Board Ever (The Poll)

www.oldsnowboards.com

Priorities of "The Best Snowboard Ever"  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Priorities of "The Best Snowboard Ever"

You are building YOUR ultimate alpine snowboard.

Pick your top 5 priorities. (This is in lieu of being able to list in order of importance, that is not within the capabilities of the poll software. ) The thought being that the common or top priorities will become apparent after a number of members have voted. You do NOT have to list 5 and you CAN list more, it is just a guide line to obtain a sampling.

It is NOT intended for racing.

It is a free carve snowboard.

This poll is the result of Ripturns post on the subject. The rumor is he is planning to design, construct and give every BOL member a free "ultimate snowboard" when it is completed. (just kidding ok, don't get all worked up :)

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

What did I just vote for in "Dampness"? More dampness? I hope not. I think there needs to be a balance. While very damp boards are smooth, sure-footed, and confidence boosting, they're also not as entertaining.

Way to botch up the Poll Jack! I agree. Maybe we can change that aspect of the poll or add "pop" or "snappiness"

It the characteristics , not an amount , Don't lose sight of the goal / purpose.

With 21 votes in , a pattern starts to emerge.

We all understand you can NOT please everyone, so try to please yourself. Answer the best choice for YOU.

It is also understood finding the ultimate board is a personal thing and an exercise in futility. Fun none the less.

I second Gabe T. Strong edge hold gives me confident to ride more aggressive, which I see most of important thing, that allow me to go steep trails and go as low as I can. Second important thing for me is dampness/liveness. Right amount of dampness allow me to carve imperfect groomed or chopped snow with confident. But I don't want to ride Cadillac and want pops out of each aggressive turns. Finding a deck with right combination of dampness/liveness was hard but I think I found few in my quiver.

• 2 weeks later...