Note to New Members ×

I'm a little gun shy after my injury.

Tugboater

I'm coming off of my talus fracture and I'm feeling a bit gun shy about carving again. I have decades of boarding experience but almost no carving. I really can't afford to break or injure myself again this season. I really need a decent lesson or to ride with some patient more experienced riders. Who is going to convince me to buy my new boots (Upz RC 10s) and keep carving this season?

I'm pretty patient, but not that experienced. Definitely willing to ride wich you. I will usually be at Camelback. I'll PM you.

As for UPZ, I have the older RTRs, but I believe it's the same shape as the RC10s. They pretty much solved my fit problems. The other boots I've tried (and all of my footwear except Salomon hiking boots) have too much width in the heel area, and often not enough in the forefoot area. If that describes you, then you'll love the UPZs. You might also like the liners (I love them) but many don't.

If Dingbat makes you cry I will hit him for you. Serious note we both have had the opportunity to help a bunch of people regain their confidence or find new levels of smiles while in the carve.

We can help you or at least buy you a beer.

Hey Bobby, if Tugboater doesn't take you up on the offer, will you buy me a beer?! :D

Hope to see you all out at the Beast this season!!!

Tugboater,

Come see me at Berkshire East. Promise not to make you cry.;)

RC-10's kick-ass. Been in a pair for a couple of seasons now and I absolutely love them!

I will definitely make something happen. I was in the middle of planning a Beast trip when I broke. I was hoping to sign up for a freecarve class. The good news is I did 3 miles on the treadmill today!

Edited by Tugboater
spelling

Since I seem to be becoming somewhat of an expert at riding whilst recovering, I have a couple thoughts for you. The most important is never ride tenatively! When you are less than engaged, less than focused, or tenative in any way IS when bad things happen. Ride with intent, purpose, and pay attention to proper technique!! If you do feel that your injury is still somewhat vulnerable, then by all means take some extra measures to protect the area, e.g braces, wraps, restrictions, etc. I can't think of a better time to find a mentor as you can focus on improving skill sets, the comradery of riding with friends, and simply releshing the fact that you are on a mountain, never take that for granted! While I can't vouch for Dingbat, I would be wary of that Evil Fella... LOL

Good Luck and Think Snow!

Edited by Algunderfoot

The good news is I did 3 miles on the treadmill today!

Nice!

We've got the perfect slope for you to back on it. Check in with me when the snow starts flying and I'll let you know when things shape-up so conditions will be working for you rather than against you.

...and looks like Buggs is buying at the end of the day sooo.... we got that going for us.:eplus2:;)

Nice!

We've got the perfect slope for you to back on it. Check in with me when the snow starts flying and I'll let you know when things shape-up so conditions will be working for you rather than against you.

...and looks like Buggs is buying at the end of the day sooo.... we got that going for us.:eplus2:;)

It's a deal, with my job I'm available any day of the week, is there one that works better for you guys?

Mondays are typically best for slope space. I'm there 7 days a week so almost any will work for me. Buggs is his own boss, so as long as he can get away from things, I don't think anyone will take him to task over it.
Im partial to Wednesdays as it breaks up the week so if I see Sunny and 30 degrees with a good groom report from Dingbat its ON!!!

post-11025-141842397395_thumb.jpg